Daycare and playgroups in Taipei where are you?

Public, private, or homeschool? Where are the best preschools? How do I qualify for a nanny? Welcome to our friendly community of parents!

Moderator: Just Jennifer

Postby tikitarita » Mon May 02, 2016 04:42

I'm moving to Taipei with my 6 month old son (from NYC). We are looking to live in Tianmu to be near more expat families, but I'm either not using this forum correctly, or most of the posts about playgroups, mommy meet ups and day cares that take babies under 18 months are so old! I've tried searching for a Tianmu mommys Facebook group, but can't find one. Can anyone give me info on day care or nannies for a 6 month old and where I can find other mommies to meet up with?! :)
tikitarita
2nd post! You're back for more!

Has given kudos: 0 time
Has gotten kudos: 0 time

Re: Daycare and playgroups in Taipei where are you?

Postby Dragonbones » Mon May 02, 2016 10:27

Hi tikitarita, and welcome to the forum! Yes, those posts are quite old -- it just reflects the history and demographics of the site.

I don't have an answer for you other than to say that once you are in Tianmu you will bump into plenty of expats with baby strollers and can ask them; and there is a bulletin board at an import store called Wellman's on Zhongshan N. Rd., which you can check (and post on).
“To cook for the pleasure of it, to devote a portion of our leisure to it, is to declare our independence from the corporations seeking to organize our every waking moment into yet another occasion for consumption." --Michael Pollan
Dragonbones
Taiwanease Deity

Has given kudos: 541 times
Has gotten kudos: 1062 times

Postby Just Jennifer » Wed May 04, 2016 02:19

Hi there and welcome.
There is a Tianmu playgroup but they made it a secret group for privacy. If you PM me I can add you to the group.

Regarding daycare centers for infants, there are very few. As for nannies I know of one who has become available in the mornings and is highly recommended, if you would be interested in part time care. Can share her phone number with you by PM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Make magical, musical memories with your child at Kindermusik with Jennifer Joy
[url]http://www.fb.com/kmjoytaiwan[/url]
Just Jennifer
Taiwanease Aristocracy

Has given kudos: 1851 times
Has gotten kudos: 323 times

Postby tikitarita » Wed May 04, 2016 06:36

thank you! I messaged you my email address for the playgroup, but forgot to ask the nanny's info. It won't let me pm you again for some reason. Can you send me her info? Thanks again! I appreciate it!
tikitarita
2nd post! You're back for more!

Has gotten kudos: 0 time

Postby Just Jennifer » Wed May 04, 2016 12:12

Two PMs sent earlier. Let me know if you got them! :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Make magical, musical memories with your child at Kindermusik with Jennifer Joy
[url]http://www.fb.com/kmjoytaiwan[/url]
Just Jennifer
Taiwanease Aristocracy

Has given kudos: 1851 times
Has gotten kudos: 323 times

Postby Gobbolino » Wed Sep 07, 2016 17:08

Just Jennifer....Hi! Also browsing through here looking for info....will be moving to the area in October, with my 2 1/2 yr old. I would like to send him to kindi or preschool. Any recommendations? Is it too late to look for a place? Also....are there any decent serviced apartments in Tianmu to start off with? Thanks!!

These users gave kudos to the author Gobbolino for the post:
Just Jennifer (Thu Sep 15, 2016 02:27)
Gobbolino
Learning the ropes

Has gotten kudos: 1 time

Return to Education & Childcare in Taiwan