Donald Trump, Republican Party candidate for 2016

For domestic American politics only. For political issues with direct international implications, please post in the International Politics forum.

Re: Donald Trump, Republican Party candidate for 2016

Postby Bubbha » Tue Nov 22, 2016 13:23

Winston Smith wrote:Teump may be racist but the guilt by association logical fallacy isn't proof.

As the Internet meme goes: "Not all Trump supporters are racist, but all of them decided that racism isn't a deal-breaker."

Racist candidates and politicians should be rejected, period. Voting for a racist is like saying "I'm OK with it." Racism and anti-immigrant sentiment are the antithesis of what America stands for. "I lift my lamp beside the golden door."
Bubbha
Taiwanease Gentry

Has given kudos: 158 times
Has gotten kudos: 274 times

Postby Kal El » Tue Nov 22, 2016 13:30

So, this Spencer fellow, he's the leader of the GOP?
Don't talk to me about naval tradition. It's nothing but rum, sodomy and the lash.
Sir Winston Churchill

Heathen filth, the lot of you.
Dr Kurt Langstrom

人不可貌相,海水不可斗量
Kal El
Taiwanease Deity

Has given kudos: 1235 times
Has gotten kudos: 1164 times

Postby Mick » Tue Nov 22, 2016 13:37

Kal El wrote:So, this Spencer fellow, he's the leader of the GOP?

No, a certain somebody is having trouble following basic logic. Just because a racist supports Republican candidate Trump, doesn't make all Republicans and Trump a racist, just because some Muslims are terrorists, doesn't make all Muslims terrorists. Seems the left get it on certain subjects.

These users gave kudos to the author Mick for the post:
Kal El (Tue Nov 22, 2016 18:43)
Mick
Taiwanease Gentry

Has given kudos: 122 times
Has gotten kudos: 187 times

Postby Bubbha » Tue Nov 22, 2016 13:42

Kal El wrote:So, this Spencer fellow, he's the leader of the GOP?

No. But he understands what the GOP represents. If they didn't represent his cause, why would he be such an enthusiastic supporter?

Trump is receiving far more enthusiastic support from the KKK, the alt-right and other white supremacist groups than any GOP candidate ever. They're basically saying, "Thanks to Trump, our time is here."

But that doesn't seem to be of concern to most of the Republican supporters. This overt racism is something to be dismissed or defended by them, it seems. I have yet to see an out-and-out rejection and denouncement of racism from the GOP. I wonder why.

When this Trumped-up election leads to people openly doing things like in the video below, something is going wrong with the country. It is nothing to defend or be proud of.

A deplorable threatens an Uber driver:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFxX-F1wF9E
Bubbha
Taiwanease Gentry

Has given kudos: 158 times
Has gotten kudos: 274 times

Postby Mick » Tue Nov 22, 2016 14:38

Would a racist white supremacist support tougher immigration laws, yes. Does supporting tougher immigration laws make a person a racist white supremacist , no.

It was the Democrats that brought race into everything, long before Trump was even on the scene. They called people racist if they wanted to discuss radical extreme Islam, so as not to hurt the feeling of all Muslims. Democrats were the ones to team up with the MSM and push stories like Trayvon Martin 24/7, going out of their way to deliberately mislead the public on the facts and turning a blind eye to the likes of Soros funding the BLM (who then went marching around calling for and getting dead cops). They were the ones to call people racist if they questioned bringing in 100's of thousands of Syrian refugees. Democrats are the ones burning the American flag and trying to suppress the free speech from the right. Then it was transgender toilets and 142 new pronouns for everyone to remember.

A lot of people are looking at what the democrats are doing and are just not liking it very much.
Mick
Taiwanease Gentry

Has given kudos: 122 times
Has gotten kudos: 187 times

Postby cfimages » Tue Nov 22, 2016 18:06

It's one thing to read about it in the article Bubbha posted, quite another to see.

The alt-right American Nazi's. Coming to a town near you.
cfimages
Taiwanease Royalty

Has given kudos: 705 times
Has gotten kudos: 939 times

Postby Big Vern » Tue Nov 22, 2016 18:54

cfimages wrote:It's one thing to read about it in the article Bubbha posted, quite another to see.

The alt-right American Nazi's. Coming to a town near you.

That's identity politics for you.

These users gave kudos to the author Big Vern for the post:
flike (Tue Nov 22, 2016 22:20)
Big Vern
Taiwanease Deity

Has given kudos: 564 times
Has gotten kudos: 916 times

Postby Kal El » Tue Nov 22, 2016 19:00

Jirre, this conversation is getting dof! :thumbsdown:
Don't talk to me about naval tradition. It's nothing but rum, sodomy and the lash.
Sir Winston Churchill

Dr Kurt Langstrom

人不可貌相,海水不可斗量
Kal El
Taiwanease Deity

Postby Big Vern » Tue Nov 22, 2016 19:20

Kal El wrote:Jirre, this conversation is getting dof! :thumbsdown:

Could you be more specific? It's difficult to know whether to respond if I don't know which posts you are referring to.
Big Vern
Taiwanease Deity

Postby Hannibal » Tue Nov 22, 2016 19:31

Executive Action POTUS 2.0 coming up.
Na na na na hey hey
Hannibal
Taiwanease Royalty

Has given kudos: 58 times
Has gotten kudos: 454 times

Postby Kal El » Tue Nov 22, 2016 19:44

Big Vern wrote:

Could you be more specific? It's difficult to know whether to respond if I don't know which posts you are referring to.

Not you, mate, but in general.
Sir Winston Churchill

Dr Kurt Langstrom

人不可貌相,海水不可斗量
Kal El
Taiwanease Deity

Postby Big Vern » Tue Nov 22, 2016 19:58

Kal El wrote:
Big Vern wrote:

Not you, mate, but in general.

I have no problem if it is me.
Big Vern
Taiwanease Deity

Postby Hannibal » Tue Nov 22, 2016 20:02

CNN...making smearing seem like an "intern's" "mistake."

CNN is like the hedge fund of news sources. :lol:
Na na na na hey hey
Hannibal
Taiwanease Royalty

Has given kudos: 58 times
Has gotten kudos: 454 times

Postby HeadhonchoII » Tue Nov 22, 2016 21:01

But you got to ask yourself the question....what would astronaut Chris Hatfield do?
HeadhonchoII
Taiwanease Gentry

Has given kudos: 128 times
Has gotten kudos: 256 times

Postby HeadhonchoII » Tue Nov 22, 2016 21:01

Bubbha wrote:
Winston Smith wrote:Teump may be racist but the guilt by association logical fallacy isn't proof.

As the Internet meme goes: "Not all Trump supporters are racist, but all of them decided that racism isn't a deal-breaker."

Racist candidates and politicians should be rejected, period. Voting for a racist is like saying "I'm OK with it." Racism and anti-immigrant sentiment are the antithesis of what America stands for. "I lift my lamp beside the golden door."

Make a deal with the devil and the devil owns you.

I don't think Trump is the devil.

But I do think he could be dangerous because he's a bit of an unknown factor given nobody knows which policies he's actually going to push or not and he has appointed people who spout a lot nonsense and like to whip up the mobs and present easy solutions. He wouldn't have got elected in most mature Westerndemocracies. Maybe Australia, that's about it....

Well he's one of the leaders of the easy solution brigade too. And he has brought ethnicity and religion into the discussion far too much. He's lowered the tone of democracy and civil debate and doesn't care about facts and that sets a bad precedent in civil society. End justifies the means.

I happen to think you usually get so far with that ploy and then get caught out. He's made it to the presidency with more bluster and cash than anything else!

I think he thinks he can control the ship the way he wants. Leaning far right nut not extreme right

Maybe he can. Maybe he's the start of something extreme, maybe he will moderate, who knows?

I do see the logic in terminating the TPP, that just didn't make a lot of sense for many regular folks and was far too secretive.

Clinton was just a BAD candidate , obviously 20:20 in hindsight , but she wasn't just bad because of the emails but simply she just looked like dozens of other candidates out there who wouldn't present any real change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
But you got to ask yourself the question....what would astronaut Chris Hatfield do?
HeadhonchoII
Taiwanease Gentry

Has given kudos: 128 times
Has gotten kudos: 256 times

PreviousNext

Return to American (Domestic) Politics