Hillary Clinton, Democratic Party candidate for 2016

For domestic American politics only. For political issues with direct international implications, please post in the International Politics forum.

Re: Hillary Clinton, Democratic Party candidate for 2016

Postby Bubbha » Sun Nov 06, 2016 14:14

Hannibal wrote:Who's going to pay for it, HH?

This is my personal opinion. I'm not writing policy. I can't wrap my head around how to halt or slow Global Warming. I don't think most people can. (And in the spirit of editing one's posts, I'll add, buying energy efficient light bulbs seems nice, but I doubt its long lasting effects...although I still buy them ;))

I'd like to focus on cleaning up the planet. I believe that in doing so, we may actually alleviate carbon emissions. :idunno:


It costs nothing to leave nature alone. In time, nature heals itself. Nature existed fine for billions of years before the first coin was invented.

Let the forests grow instead of chopping them down.

These users gave kudos to the author Bubbha for the post (total 2):
cfimages (Sun Nov 06, 2016 14:44) • jimipresley (Sun Nov 06, 2016 14:15)
Bubbha
Taiwanease Gentry
 
Posts: 1549
Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2012 08:48
Has given kudos: 158 times
Has gotten kudos: 274 times

Re: Hillary Clinton, Democratic Party candidate for 2016

Postby HeadhonchoII » Sun Nov 06, 2016 14:51

Kal El wrote:Besides the few folks who still don't believe in global warming/climate change, it's actually too late to do anything now so it doesn't really matter what Trump or Clinton does. We're screwed in that regard anyway. :idunno:


This is simply wrong. It's a matter of how much global warming occurs and how quickly.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
But you got to ask yourself the question....what would astronaut Chris Hatfield do?
HeadhonchoII
Taiwanease Gentry
 
Posts: 1754
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2012 16:45
Has given kudos: 128 times
Has gotten kudos: 256 times

Re: Hillary Clinton, Democratic Party candidate for 2016

Postby Hannibal » Sun Nov 06, 2016 22:04

Bubbha wrote:
Hannibal wrote:Who's going to pay for it, HH?

This is my personal opinion. I'm not writing policy. I can't wrap my head around how to halt or slow Global Warming. I don't think most people can. (And in the spirit of editing one's posts, I'll add, buying energy efficient light bulbs seems nice, but I doubt its long lasting effects...although I still buy them ;))

I'd like to focus on cleaning up the planet. I believe that in doing so, we may actually alleviate carbon emissions. :idunno:


It costs nothing to leave nature alone. In time, nature heals itself. Nature existed fine for billions of years before the first coin was invented.

Let the forests grow instead of chopping them down.


And the people eating dirt cookies? How about them? Would you put nature above them?

I'd rather create jobs cleaning up our mess than imagine a world before mankind.




'
Na na na na hey hey
Hannibal
Taiwanease Royalty
 
Posts: 3270
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:48
Has given kudos: 58 times
Has gotten kudos: 454 times

Re: Hillary Clinton, Democratic Party candidate for 2016

Postby Bubbha » Mon Nov 07, 2016 07:30

FBI Completes Review of Newly Revealed Hillary Clinton Emails, Finds No Evidence of Criminality

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-el ... ?cid=sm_fb

But we knew that anyway.
Bubbha
Taiwanease Gentry
 
Posts: 1549
Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2012 08:48
Has given kudos: 158 times
Has gotten kudos: 274 times

Re: Hillary Clinton, Democratic Party candidate for 2016

Postby Hannibal » Mon Nov 07, 2016 09:08

Bubbha wrote:
But we knew that anyway.


No, we didn't. Hence the investigation. But I guess it's OK for Clinton's housekeeper to print out State Dept. docs without clearance. :idunno:

Nothing in that message about the Clinton Foundation being off the hook though.
Na na na na hey hey
Hannibal
Taiwanease Royalty
 
Posts: 3270
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:48
Has given kudos: 58 times
Has gotten kudos: 454 times

Re: Hillary Clinton, Democratic Party candidate for 2016

Postby Bubbha » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:44

Hannibal wrote:
Bubbha wrote:
But we knew that anyway.


No, we didn't. Hence the investigation.


Yes we did. After 25 years of bogus accusation after bogus accusation leveled at the Clintons by the Republicans, all of which fell apart under scrutiny, why should anyone think THIS issue has any merit?

The Republicans should learn the lesson of the Little Boy Who Cried Wolf.

At this point, it's "There they go again, coming up with something else to try to pin on the Clintons. How pathetic."
Bubbha
Taiwanease Gentry
 
Posts: 1549
Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2012 08:48
Has given kudos: 158 times
Has gotten kudos: 274 times

Re: Hillary Clinton, Democratic Party candidate for 2016

Postby John Ross » Mon Nov 07, 2016 13:41

cfimages wrote:John Pilger interviewing Julian Assange. Pilger rarely gets it wrong...

Dear me, enough to drive a man to drink.
Pilger is a Marxist tool blinded by his hatred of America. He sees everything through a distorting prism where all the evils are shown to be the result of America, colonialism, capitalism and whitey.

Using the moronic "an enemy of my enemy is my friend" approach, he is an apologist for China and Russia. No coincidence that the interview was on the Russian propaganda channel RT. He thinks China's aggressive moves in the South China Seas and elsewhere are justified and of course the real culprit is the United States. That fucker would be waving his commie flag if the PLA took Taiwan because it would weaken and embarrass the U.S.

These users gave kudos to the author John Ross for the post (total 2):
TainanCowboy (Mon Nov 07, 2016 18:56) • Big Vern (Mon Nov 07, 2016 18:02)
John Ross
Taiwanease Gentry
 
Posts: 1434
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2011 09:51
Has given kudos: 324 times
Has gotten kudos: 540 times

Re: Hillary Clinton, Democratic Party candidate for 2016

Postby Winston Smith » Mon Nov 07, 2016 13:54

Bubbha wrote: . . . why should anyone think THIS issue has any merit?


Because classified documents were found on Clinton's home server. From your link.

Although some emails did forward documents previously identified as containing classified information, the review didn't change the total number of classified documents investigators found on the server.


If a little person were found with classified documents on his or her home computer she would be stripped of her security clearance and charged with a crime. Some people though, like some banks, are too big to fail.
Winston Smith
Taiwanease Gentry
 
Posts: 337
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2011 14:27
Has given kudos: 10 times
Has gotten kudos: 50 times

Re: Hillary Clinton, Democratic Party candidate for 2016

Postby Big Vern » Mon Nov 07, 2016 18:08

John Ross wrote:
cfimages wrote:John Pilger interviewing Julian Assange. Pilger rarely gets it wrong...

Dear me, enough to drive a man to drink.
Pilger is a Marxist tool blinded by his hatred of America. He sees everything through a distorting prism where all the evils are shown to be the result of America, colonialism, capitalism and whitey.

Using the moronic "an enemy of my enemy is my friend" approach, he is an apologist for China and Russia. No coincidence that the interview was on the Russian propaganda channel RT. He thinks China's aggressive moves in the South China Seas and elsewhere are justified and of course the real culprit is the United States. That fucker would be waving his commie flag if the PLA took Taiwan because it would weaken and embarrass the U.S.


To be fair to Pilger - he is consistent. He views everything through his little prism. 7/7 was Blair's fault. Obama's an Uncle Tom. And so on.

@ cfimages: You are aware that Pilger prefers Trump to Clinton, aren't you?

Auberon Waugh's invention of the verb "to pilger" is a classic: to present information in a sensationalist manner to reach a foregone conclusion
Big Vern
Taiwanease Deity
 
Posts: 5305
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:37
Has given kudos: 564 times
Has gotten kudos: 916 times

Re: Hillary Clinton, Democratic Party candidate for 2016

Postby cfimages » Mon Nov 07, 2016 18:54

Big Vern wrote:
John Ross wrote:
cfimages wrote:John Pilger interviewing Julian Assange. Pilger rarely gets it wrong...

Dear me, enough to drive a man to drink.
Pilger is a Marxist tool blinded by his hatred of America. He sees everything through a distorting prism where all the evils are shown to be the result of America, colonialism, capitalism and whitey.

Using the moronic "an enemy of my enemy is my friend" approach, he is an apologist for China and Russia. No coincidence that the interview was on the Russian propaganda channel RT. He thinks China's aggressive moves in the South China Seas and elsewhere are justified and of course the real culprit is the United States. That fucker would be waving his commie flag if the PLA took Taiwan because it would weaken and embarrass the U.S.


To be fair to Pilger - he is consistent. He views everything through his little prism. 7/7 was Blair's fault. Obama's an Uncle Tom. And so on.

@ cfimages: You are aware that Pilger prefers Trump to Clinton, aren't you?

Auberon Waugh's invention of the verb "to pilger" is a classic: to present information in a sensationalist manner to reach a foregone conclusion


He's certainly been more critical of Clinton, but he's repeatedly described them both as two sides of the same coin so I'm not sure if that counts as preferring Trump. That being said, I haven't read / listened to everything he's said so I may well have missed something.
User avatar
cfimages
Taiwanease Royalty
 
Posts: 3392
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2009 14:33
Location: Danshui
Has given kudos: 706 times
Has gotten kudos: 941 times

Re: Hillary Clinton, Democratic Party candidate for 2016

Postby TainanCowboy » Mon Nov 07, 2016 19:22

Bret Baier on revelations on FBI's Clinton Foundation probe
The facts expressed here belong to everybody. The opinions are mine.
I don’t post political comments or articles to convince those who disagree with me,
I post them so that those who might agree with such positions will know they are not alone.
Some things are opinions and can be argued - some things are facts and cannot.
Proverbs, Chapter 16 verse 9 <--- When in doubt, remember this.
TainanCowboy
Taiwanease Royalty
 
Posts: 3803
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2011 14:44
Location: Tainan - The Original Taiwan
Has given kudos: 793 times
Has gotten kudos: 489 times

Re: Hillary Clinton, Democratic Party candidate for 2016

Postby TainanCowboy » Mon Nov 07, 2016 19:28

Tile of thread has been changed - not by OP.

And, It is Democrat Party - NOT Democratic party.
The facts expressed here belong to everybody. The opinions are mine.
I don’t post political comments or articles to convince those who disagree with me,
I post them so that those who might agree with such positions will know they are not alone.
Some things are opinions and can be argued - some things are facts and cannot.
Proverbs, Chapter 16 verse 9 <--- When in doubt, remember this.
TainanCowboy
Taiwanease Royalty
 
Posts: 3803
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2011 14:44
Location: Tainan - The Original Taiwan
Has given kudos: 793 times
Has gotten kudos: 489 times

Re: Hillary Clinton, Democratic Party candidate for 2016

Postby sandman » Mon Nov 07, 2016 19:39

TainanCowboy wrote:Tile of thread has been changed - not by OP.

And, It is Democrat Party - NOT Democratic party.

Hmmm. You should tell the Democratic Party, then. They appear to call themselves the Democratic Party.
sandman
Taiwanease Royalty
 
Posts: 3991
Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2009 13:44
Has given kudos: 317 times
Has gotten kudos: 845 times

Re: Hillary Clinton, Democratic Party candidate for 2016

Postby TainanCowboy » Mon Nov 07, 2016 21:00

sandman wrote:
TainanCowboy wrote:Tile of thread has been changed - not by OP.

And, It is Democrat Party - NOT Democratic party.

Hmmm. You should tell the Democratic Party, then. They appear to call themselves the Democratic Party.

LOL...Oh Really...?
https://www.democrats.org/

Democrat Party
Democrat Party is the grammatically correct term for the Democratic Party. The Party is not "democratic," and proper nouns like "Democrat" are not converted into adjectives by adding "ic" as a suffix. For example, it is not the "Republicanic Party," or the "Libertarianic Party," or a "Smith-ic Wedding." yet many Democrats bristle at the term "Democrat Party." and perhaps they prefer the false illusion that their party is somehow more "democratic" than other parties. In fact, the Democrat Party is less democratic than the other political parties.

Democrat Party


Let the "Special Snowflake" Whining begin !

History of usage

The history of the term has been a subject of interest to scholars.[1][8][10][11] The Oxford English Dictionary, traces the use of the term back to 1890: "Whether a little farmer from South Carolina named Tillman is going to rule the Democrat Party in America—yet it is this, and not output, on which the proximate value of silver depends."[12] However the term was in use much earlier in the 19th century.[13] For example, in an 1834 story of politics in a small Vermont town as seen through the eyes of a young girl, the American novelist Catharine Maria Sedgwick wrote: "There was a weekly journal published in Carrington, the 'Star' or 'Sun', I forget which, but certainly the ascendant luminary of the democrat party."[14]

Although the term "Democrat Party" prior to the mid-nineteenth century was usually simply a value-neutral synonym for the more common "Democratic Party", after the Civil War and the rise of the modern Republican Party the term "Democrat Party" began to be used occasionally in a derogatory fashion. For example, New Hampshire Republican Congressman (later Senator) Jacob H. Gallinger addressing a gathering of Michigan Republicans in 1889, said "The great Democrat party, laying down the sceptre of power in 1860, after ruling this country under free trade for a quarter of a century, left our treasury bankrupt, and gave as a legacy to the Republican party, a gigantic rebellion and a treasury without a single dollar of money in it."[15]

William Safire studied the partisan use of "Democrat Party" as epithet since the 1940 presidential campaign of Republican Wendell Willkie. Minnesota Governor Harold Stassen, Willkie's campaign manager, explained to Safire his motivation for using the term: Stassen said that because the Democratic Party was at that time partly controlled by undemocratic city bosses—"by Hague in New Jersey, Pendergast in Missouri and Kelly-Nash in Chicago, [it] should not be called a 'Democratic Party.' It should be called the 'Democrat Party.'"[16]

The noun-as-adjective has been used by Republican leaders since the 1940s, and in most GOP national platforms since 1948.[17] By the early 1950s the term was in widespread use among Republicans of all factions.[10] In 1968, Congressional Quarterly reported that at its national convention "the GOP did revert to the epithet of 'Democrat' party. The phrase had been used in 1952 and 1956 but not in 1960."[18]

Use of the term has been a point of contention within the Republican Party. In 1984, when a delegate of the Republican platform committee asked unanimous consent to change a platform amendment to read the Democrat Party instead of Democratic Party, New York Representative Jack Kemp objected, saying that would be "an insult to our Democratic friends" and the committee dropped the proposal.[2] In 1996, the wording throughout the Republican party platform was changed from "Democratic Party" to "Democrat Party": Republican leaders "explained they wanted to make the subtle point that the Democratic Party had become elitist".[19] A proposal to use the term again in the August 2008 Republican Platform for similar reasons was voted down with leaders choosing to use "Democratic Party". "We probably should use what the actual name is," said Mississippi Governor Haley Barbour, the panel's chairman. "At least in writing."[19]

The term has also been used by Third Party candidate Ralph Nader.[20]

Democrat Party
The facts expressed here belong to everybody. The opinions are mine.
I don’t post political comments or articles to convince those who disagree with me,
I post them so that those who might agree with such positions will know they are not alone.
Some things are opinions and can be argued - some things are facts and cannot.
Proverbs, Chapter 16 verse 9 <--- When in doubt, remember this.
TainanCowboy
Taiwanease Royalty
 
Posts: 3803
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2011 14:44
Location: Tainan - The Original Taiwan
Has given kudos: 793 times
Has gotten kudos: 489 times

Re: Hillary Clinton, Democratic Party candidate for 2016

Postby Bubbha » Tue Nov 08, 2016 07:51

sandman wrote:
TainanCowboy wrote:Tile of thread has been changed - not by OP.

And, It is Democrat Party - NOT Democratic party.

Hmmm. You should tell the Democratic Party, then. They appear to call themselves the Democratic Party.


Yup. It's Democratic Party. "Democrat Party" is used by folks who are either ignorant about the name, or are deliberately trying to insult, particularly by the likes of Rush Limbaugh.

Party supporters and members are called Democrats.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democrat_Party_(epithet)
Bubbha
Taiwanease Gentry
 
Posts: 1549
Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2012 08:48
Has given kudos: 158 times
Has gotten kudos: 274 times

PreviousNext

Return to American (Domestic) Politics