New road test for driving licenses starting May 2017

Cars, motorcycles, and scooters in Taiwan. Here's where the greasemonkeys and gearheads talk shop. Oh, and if you're looking to buy a used car, check out the vehicle listings at www.taiwanted.com.

Re: New road test for driving licenses starting May 2017

Postby sandman » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:11

I'll leave it up to you to find your own posts referring to Taiwanese as monkeys, uneducated twats and other colourful adjectives you've used over the years etc.

Ooh! I'd like to see some. In context, of course.
sandman
Taiwanease Royalty

Has given kudos: 313 times
Has gotten kudos: 839 times

Postby Big Vern » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:27

sandman wrote:
I'll leave it up to you to find your own posts referring to Taiwanese as monkeys, uneducated twats and other colourful adjectives you've used over the years etc.

Memory loss, sandman? :lol:

You can't seriously be doing a Trump here, can you? Off the top of my head: scooter monkeys and mouthbreathers. I'm sure there are a lot more.
Big Vern
Taiwanease Deity

Has given kudos: 555 times
Has gotten kudos: 880 times

Postby sandman » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:48

Big Vern wrote:
sandman wrote:

You can't seriously be doing a Trump here, can you? Off the top of my head: scooter monkeys and mouthbreathers. I'm sure there are a lot more.

Oh, piss off! Those are referring to people. Individuals, not a freaking race or nationality. Or are you seriously trying to suggest that there are no scooter monkeys or mouthbreathers here? Fer crissakes.
sandman
Taiwanease Royalty

Postby Big Vern » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:57

sandman wrote:
Big Vern wrote:
sandman wrote:

Oh, piss off! Those are referring to people. Individuals, not a freaking race or nationality. Or are you seriously trying to suggest that there are no scooter monkeys or mouthbreathers here? Fer crissakes.

So, if Kal El were to refer to some black South Africans as monkeys that would be OK?
Big Vern
Taiwanease Deity

Postby sandman » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:03

Big Vern wrote:
sandman wrote:
Big Vern wrote:
sandman wrote:

So, if Kal El were to refer to some black South Africans as monkeys that would be OK?

If they're people driving around like idiots on scooters, why not? Ooh! SORREE! I guess I'm not allowed to say "idiot." My bad. Wouldn't want to offend anyone, my goodness no!
sandman
Taiwanease Royalty

Postby Big Vern » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:12

sandman wrote:Oh, piss off! Those are referring to people. Individuals, not a freaking race or nationality. Or are you seriously trying to suggest that there are no scooter monkeys or mouthbreathers here? Fer crissakes.

So, if Kal El were to refer to some black South Africans as monkeys that would be OK?[/quote]
If they're people driving around like idiots on scooters, why not? Ooh! SORREE! I guess I'm not allowed to say "idiot." My bad. Wouldn't want to offend anyone, my goodness no![/quote]
You can have no worries in that department. Anyway, I said monkey not idiot.

I don't know for sure. Part of me feels that Kal El is overreacting a little. However, there seems to be a clear double standard at play.
Big Vern
Taiwanease Deity

Postby sandman » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:25

Big Vern wrote:
sandman wrote:Oh, piss off! Those are referring to people. Individuals, not a freaking race or nationality. Or are you seriously trying to suggest that there are no scooter monkeys or mouthbreathers here? Fer crissakes.

If they're people driving around like idiots on scooters, why not? Ooh! SORREE! I guess I'm not allowed to say "idiot." My bad. Wouldn't want to offend anyone, my goodness no![/quote]
You can have no worries in that department. Anyway, I said monkey not idiot.

I don't know for sure. Part of me feels that Kal El is overreacting a little. However, there seems to be a clear double standard at play.[/quote]
No double standard on my part. I don't like stupid selfish c**ts. Don't care what race or nationality they are. Kal El appears to be of the disposition that if you say so, its a case of "you're only saying that because they're Taiwanese, you racist." I live here, so obviously most of the stupid selfish c**ts I run across happen to be Taiwanese. If I lived in Edinburgh, would I still be a double-standard racist if I commented on stupid selfish c**ts over there?
sandman
Taiwanease Royalty

Postby Big Vern » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:32

Maybe you could take a step back, sandman, and considered the language you use to describe Taiwanese people - individuals or otherwise. It may be the case that these are your preferred descriptors with everyone, which would be fair - at least.

The point is, I think, why would a similar description of a black South African get flamed while that of a Taiwanese be tolerated?
Big Vern
Taiwanease Deity

Postby Kal El » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:45

sandman wrote:Isn't it better to look at the individual dick who drives up the wrong side of the road rather than to paint the entire group with the same brush?
No. Because then there would be no thread.

Touché. :grin:

Big Vern wrote:
sandman wrote:
Big Vern wrote:
sandman wrote:

That has actually happened. Not by myself, but by someone in Cape Town a year or two ago. There was quite a bit of outrage which led to the person losing their job IIRC.
Don't talk to me about naval tradition. It's nothing but rum, sodomy and the lash.
Sir Winston Churchill

Heathen filth, the lot of you.
Dr Kurt Langstrom

人不可貌相,海水不可斗量
Kal El
Taiwanease Deity

Has given kudos: 1202 times
Has gotten kudos: 1141 times

Postby sandman » Thu Mar 23, 2017 13:00

Big Vern wrote:Maybe you could take a step back, sandman, and considered the language you use to describe Taiwanese people - individuals or otherwise. It may be the case that these are your preferred descriptors with everyone, which would be fair - at least.

The point is, I think, why would a similar description of a black South African get flamed while that of a Taiwanese be tolerated?

Don't understand what you mean. Delete "Taiwanese" and I might have a better idea. You're right, though. They ARE my preferred descriptors for stupid lavvie-heided bawbags everywhere. NOT, I might add "everyone." Only the jobby-flavoured fart lozenges.
sandman
Taiwanease Royalty

Postby Big Vern » Thu Mar 23, 2017 13:10

sandman wrote:
Big Vern wrote:Maybe you could take a step back, sandman, and considered the language you use to describe Taiwanese people - individuals or otherwise. It may be the case that these are your preferred descriptors with everyone, which would be fair - at least.

Don't understand what you mean. Delete "Taiwanese" and I might have a better idea. You're right, though. They ARE my preferred descriptors for stupid lavvie-heided bawbags everywhere. NOT, I might add "everyone." Only the jobby-flavoured fart lozenges.

I somehow doubt you'd call a black person a monkey.
Big Vern
Taiwanease Deity

Postby sandman » Thu Mar 23, 2017 13:17

Big Vern wrote:
sandman wrote:

You're missing the point. I might indeed. But he'd be wearing a helmet, so I wouldn't know what skin-colour he had. If he was behaving stupidly on two wheels, though, then yes, he'd be a scooter monkey.
sandman
Taiwanease Royalty

Postby Big Vern » Thu Mar 23, 2017 13:23

sandman wrote:
Big Vern wrote:
sandman wrote:

You're missing the point. I might indeed. But he'd be wearing a helmet, so I wouldn't know what skin-colour he had. If he was behaving stupidly on two wheels, though, then yes, he'd be a scooter monkey.

But on this forum, your post would be flamed. That's the point.
Big Vern
Taiwanease Deity

Postby sandman » Thu Mar 23, 2017 13:34

Big Vern wrote:
sandman wrote:
Big Vern wrote:
sandman wrote:

But on this forum, your post would be flamed. That's the point.

Eh? We're not allowed to talk about bad traffic? When did THAT happen? :ponder:
sandman
Taiwanease Royalty

Postby Big Vern » Thu Mar 23, 2017 13:38

Kal El, I feel your pain.

These users gave kudos to the author Big Vern for the post (total 2):
Just Jennifer (Sat Mar 25, 2017 01:42) • Kal El (Thu Mar 23, 2017 23:08)
Big Vern
Taiwanease Deity

PreviousNext

Return to Cars, Scooters, and Driving in Taiwan