How long before China's next war?

International politics should be discussed here, as well as domestic issues for countries other than Taiwan and the United States. For Taiwanese and American political discussion, please post in the forums reserved for that purpose, thank you!

How long before China's next war?

Postby cranky laowai » Thu Feb 18, 2016 23:18

Xi Jinping has had the PRC busy pushing itself into the seas and is now reportedly putting missiles on one of the islands it occupies. A lot of countries in the neighborhood are alarmed at China's increasingly aggressive stance.

How much are other countries going to take? And how much is China spoiling for a fight?
cranky laowai
Taiwanease Aristocracy

Has given kudos: 181 times
Has gotten kudos: 528 times

Re: How long before China's next war?

Postby Kal El » Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:05

cranky laowai wrote:Xi Jinping has had the PRC busy pushing itself into the seas and is now reportedly putting missiles on one of the islands it occupies. A lot of countries in the neighborhood are alarmed at China's increasingly aggressive stance.

How much are other countries going to take? And how much is China spoiling for a fight?

You know, for a "fat kid" that keeps losing fights, you'd think they'd have learned to calm down by now.

I'd rather ask, "How long before China gets its ass kicked? Again."
Don't talk to me about naval tradition. It's nothing but rum, sodomy and the lash.
Sir Winston Churchill

Heathen filth, the lot of you.
Dr Kurt Langstrom

人不可貌相,海水不可斗量
Kal El
Taiwanease Deity

Has given kudos: 1235 times
Has gotten kudos: 1164 times

Postby Toad » Fri Feb 19, 2016 21:37

Meh. It's just willy-waving. Look at the size of my fuckin' missile! Just look at it!

I'm pretty sure China wouldn't take a risk on a hot war. They've got a fairly fractious population to keep fed and watered, not to mention an even more fractious class of stinking rich princelings who don't want their investments to turn to crap. Immediate needs for raw materials can be met (at least for the time being) by bribing African crooks.

OTOH, I think the writing is on the wall for various failed states in Asia. I suspect the Philippines will shortly be pressured with everything short of military force to surrender its territorial waters (if not more), and China seems to be getting a bit sick of N.Korea. The Chinese are making quiet inroads in Laos using the same "investment" tactics employed in Africa; likewise with Burma, I believe.
Toad
Taiwanease Aristocracy

Has given kudos: 1012 times
Has gotten kudos: 711 times

Postby TainanCowboy » Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:25

Just my opinion, but I look for the first military response to the PRCs' actions to come from Vietnam (PRVN).
Long history of distrust and war between the two of them. :twocents:
The facts expressed here belong to everybody. The opinions are mine.
I don’t post political comments or articles to convince those who disagree with me,
I post them so that those who might agree with such positions will know they are not alone.
Some things are opinions and can be argued - some things are facts and cannot.
Proverbs, Chapter 16 verse 9 <--- When in doubt, remember this.
TainanCowboy
Taiwanease Royalty

Has given kudos: 793 times
Has gotten kudos: 489 times

Return to International Politics & General Political Discussion