The Crooked Democrats Thread Part 1

For domestic American politics only. For political issues with direct international implications, please post in the International Politics forum.

The Crooked Democrats Thread Part 1

Postby Hannibal » Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:08

JACKSONVILLE, Fla., July 8 (UPI) — U.S. Rep. Corrine Brown was indicted Friday on charges she used some $800,000 in charitable donations as a “personal slush fund” for items that included box seats to a Beyonce concert and an NFL game, the Justice Department said.

Brown, a Democrat representing Jacksonville, Fla., and her chief of staff, Elias “Ronnie” Simmons, 50, were charged in a 24-count indictment. Court documents show they allegedly spent money earmarked for the One Door for Education charity for personal travel, luxury hotels, Beyonce concert tickets, box seats at a NFL game and a personal IRS debt, among other expenses.

Charges include federal mail and wire fraud, concealing material facts on required financial disclosure forms, theft of government property, obstruction of the due administration of the internal revenue laws and filing false tax returns.

Assistant Attorney General Leslie R. Caldwell, of the Justice Department’s criminal division, said Brown and Simmons used Brown’s official position as a member of Congress to solicit “over $800,000 in donations to a supposed charitable organization, only to use that organization as a personal slush fund.”

“Our office is committed to ferreting out and prosecuting all forms of corruption and fraud, regardless of who the offender is,” U.S. Attorney A. Lee Bentley III said. “In our nation, no one is above the law.”

Investigators allege that between 2012 and early 2016, Brown and Simmons used money earmarked for the unregistered charity. The indictment alleges only two scholarships totaling $1,200 were awarded to students to cover college expenses.

In March, Carla Wiley, president of One Door for Education, pleaded guilty to conspiracy to commit wire fraud. She entered a plea agreement after she was found to have opened the group’s bank accounts and “falsely led donors to believe that money raised in connection with these social events would be used to support the charitable mission of One Door For Education and other charities.”

Investigators found “Wiley transferred tens of thousands of dollars from the One Door For Education bank account to her personal bank accounts.

I guess they can't ALL be Clintons and get away with it. :lol:
Na na na na hey hey
Hannibal
Taiwanease Royalty

Has given kudos: 58 times
Has gotten kudos: 454 times

Re: The Crooked Democrats Thread Part 1

Postby Hannibal » Thu Jul 21, 2016 04:46

Speaking of Clintons and corruption:

Mystery Surrounds Sources of Many Bill Clinton Speaking Fees
Small foreign speaking firms often listed as source of payments, actual paychecks came from undisclosed third parties

By all accounts, it was the most popular gala the Lady Taverners had ever held. Over 1,000 people packed the Park Lane Hilton in London on Oct. 30, 2009, with the crowd overflowing into the hallways, to listen to President Bill Clinton speak on the power of giving.

While Clinton’s speech helped raise a substantial sum for the prominent cricket charity, his staggering $290,000 speaking fee was not covered by the group, according to organizers. The fee also was not covered by “World Management Limited,” the marketing company Hillary Clinton listed as the payment source in her federal financial filings.

It was bankrolled by a wealthy British businessman named Robert Whitton—a name you won’t find included in the Clintons’ public disclosure forms.

A review by the Washington Free Beacon found that Hillary Clinton often listed small foreign speaking firms as the sources of her husband’s lecture payments in her Senate and State Department disclosures, even though the actual paychecks came from undisclosed third parties.

In certain cases, these funders had interests that intersected with the U.S. State Department. Whitton, a real estate mogul, had business pending before UNESCO, an international agency that received a quarter of its funding from the State Department.

Government watchdogs say the practice is troubling from a transparency perspective, because it obscures the actual source of Clinton’s hefty payments. While the Free Beacon was able to track down information on the likely funders of several of these speeches, at least 30 of them remain a mystery.

Spokespersons for the Clinton campaign and Bill Clinton’s office declined to provide the names of any actual payment sources when contacted for this article.

Ken Boehm, chairman of the National Legal and Policy Center, a government watchdog group, said the way the Clintons have handled these paid speaking engagements “suggests secrecy and non-transparency.”

“While those paying the exorbitant fees have included special interests with lobbying efforts to influence federal policy, even more troubling is the fact that the true financial sponsors are sometimes hidden through cut-out middlemen or anonymous donors,” said Boehm. “The tens of millions in speaking fees going directly to the Clintons should be completely transparent. Anything less suggests unethical conduct.”

http://freebeacon.com/issues/mystery-su ... king-fees/

I mean, it's snot as though Bill had someone at State that could help grease them wheels. Oh wait.... :doh:
Na na na na hey hey
Hannibal
Taiwanease Royalty

Postby TainanCowboy » Fri Jul 22, 2016 09:23

Might as well put this in here as the "Media" has been the apologistas and promoters of the Democrat Party - pretty much world wide.

Media Mocking of Reps/GOP candidates intensifies <==== clicky linky for stories
The facts expressed here belong to everybody. The opinions are mine.
I don’t post political comments or articles to convince those who disagree with me,
I post them so that those who might agree with such positions will know they are not alone.
Some things are opinions and can be argued - some things are facts and cannot.
Proverbs, Chapter 16 verse 9 <--- When in doubt, remember this.
TainanCowboy
Taiwanease Royalty

Has given kudos: 793 times
Has gotten kudos: 489 times

Postby TainanCowboy » Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:44

To paraphrase an old line - "Friends don't let Friends vote Democrat"...The secret history of the Democratic Party

"Contrary to what we learn from progressives in education and the media, the history of the Democratic Party well into the twentieth century is a virtually uninterrupted history of thievery, corruption and bigotry. American history is the story of Democratic malefactors and Republican heroes. Yes, it’s true."

"The Democrats were also the party of slavery, and the slave-owning mentality continues to shape the policies of Democratic leaders today. The point isn’t that the Democrats invented slavery which is an ancient institution that far predates America. Rather, Democrats like Senator John C. Calhoun invented a new justification for slavery, slavery as a “positive good.” For the first time in history, Democrats insisted that slavery wasn’t just beneficial for masters; they said it was also good for the slaves."

"But the slavery battle was not mainly a North-South issue. It was actually a battle between the pro-slavery Democrats and the anti-slavery Republicans. How can I make such an outrageous statement? Let’s begin by recalling that northern Democrats like Stephen Douglas protected slavery, while most southerners didn’t own slaves. (Three fourths of those who fought in the civil war on the confederate side had no slaves and weren’t fighting to protect slavery.)"

"The real clash was between the Democrats, north and south, who supported slavery and the Republicans across the country who opposed it. As Lincoln summarized it in his First Inaugural Address, one side believes slavery is right and ought to be extended, and the other believes it is wrong and ought to be restricted. “This,” Lincoln said, “is the only substantial dispute.” And this, ultimately, was what the Civil War was all about.

In the end, of course, Republicans ended slavery and permanently outlawed it through the Thirteenth Amendment. Democrats responded by opposing the Amendment and a group of them assassinated the man they held responsible for emancipation, Abraham Lincoln. Republicans passed the Fourteenth Amendment securing for blacks equal rights under the law, and the Fifteenth Amendment giving blacks the right to vote, over the Democrats’ opposition."

"Confronted with these irrefutable facts, progressives act like the lawyer who is presented with the murder weapon belonging to his client. Darn, he says to himself, I better think fast. “Yes,” he now admits, “my client did murder the clerk and rob the store. But he didn’t kill all those other people who were also found dead at the scene.”

"The sordid history of the Democratic Party in the early twentieth century is also married to the sordid history of the progressive movement during the same period. Progressives like Margaret Sanger—founder of Planned Parenthood and a role model for Hillary Clinton—supported such causes as eugenics and social Darwinism. While abortion was not an issue in Sanger’s day, she backed forced sterilization for “unfit” people, notably minorities. Sanger’s Negro Project was specifically focused on reducing the black population.

Progressives also led the campaign to stop poor immigrants from coming to this country. They championed laws in the 1920s that brought the massive flows of immigration to this country to a virtual halt. The motives of the progressives were openly racist and and in the way the immigration restrictions were framed, progressives succeeded in broadening the Democratic Party’s target list of minority groups.'

And the list goes on...and on.
I don’t post political comments or articles to convince those who disagree with me,
I post them so that those who might agree with such positions will know they are not alone.
TainanCowboy
Taiwanease Royalty

Postby Hannibal » Tue Jul 26, 2016 06:03

For your viewing pleasure.
Na na na na hey hey
Hannibal
Taiwanease Royalty

Postby TainanCowboy » Fri Jul 29, 2016 07:31

And also appearing on the Clinton* radar:

5 Reasons To See "Hillary's America" According To A Millennial
TainanCowboy
Taiwanease Royalty

Postby TainanCowboy » Sat Jul 30, 2016 13:48

And another thing:

Over the past weekend the Democrat Party was humiliated by the release of a treasure trove of internal DNC emails from the folks at WikiLeaks. The emails uncovered the fact Democrats were corrupt, racist, lying scoundrels (something most of us already knew) and that they have been in bed with the media to destroy Bernie and the Republicans since before Clinton even announced her candidacy.

To combat the deluge of negative attention to their obviously heinous behavior, the DNC has taken to arguing that Vladimir Putin and the evil Russians are behind the leaks because they want Donald Trump to win (and that can’t be good). I could buy that. I could see Putin messing with Hillary and attempting to influence the American election, but that doesn’t matter at all.

The truth is this… Vladimir Putin and the Russians simply hacked the DNC.

Putin didn’t promise a fair campaign and then simultaneously and secretly work to screw Bernie Sanders and help Hillary Clintonget nominated.

Russia didn’t pay young voters to vote for Hillary in online polls, or to comment negatively against Bernie on those pages.

Putin didn’t privately discuss the fact that Hillary’s policies make no sense at all.

Russia didn’t force the DNC to mock Bernie Sanders’ religion.

Putin didn’t force the DNC to call Latino voters “Taco Bowls.”

Russia didn’t put pressure on the media to help Clinton win the nomination.

Putin didn’t promise the DNC’s big donors federal appointments (which smells an awful lot like bribery).

Russia didn’t offer to pay interns to go out and fake a protest during the RNC.

The DNC did all of this and so much more on their own.

Vladimir Putin might be a bad guy, and Russia might be our foe on the international stage, but leaking these emails wasn’t the wrong thing to do.
It is simply more proof that the Democrat Party is corrupt, immoral, power-hungry, and completely inept … just like their boss, Hillary Clinton.
TainanCowboy
Taiwanease Royalty

Postby Big Vern » Fri Aug 05, 2016 23:05

This chap's not having a very good year:

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/virginia-ma ... sex-sting/

Surprising that it isn't bigger news considering it involves group gay sex, drug supplying, and resisting arrest. I'd have thought that would have been some serious tabloid fodder.
Big Vern
Taiwanease Deity

Has given kudos: 564 times
Has gotten kudos: 916 times

Postby Hannibal » Sat Aug 06, 2016 01:30

Big Vern wrote:This chap's not having a very good year:

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/virginia-ma ... sex-sting/

Surprising that it isn't bigger news considering it involves group gay sex, drug supplying, and resisting arrest. I'd have thought that would have been some serious tabloid fodder.

That would be in the biased media thread.

FAIRFAX, Va. -- A northern Virginia mayor was facing drug charges Friday after his arrest in a meth-for-sex sting, police said.

Fairfax Mayor R. Scott Silverthorne was arrested Thursday after meeting with undercover detectives at a hotel, police said.

After receiving a tip about a possible methamphetamine distributor in July, Fairfax County police said in a statement that they began an inquiry and identified a suspect distributing methamphetamine through a website used to arrange for casual sexual encounters between men. An undercover detective created a profile on the site and police said within days the suspect, who turned out to be Silverthorne, made contact and they then communicated by text.

Silverthorne, 50, indicated that he could provide methamphetamine for sexual encounters and undercover detectives agreed to meet for a group sexual encounter in exchange for methamphetamine, police said. Silverthorne arranged to bring methamphetamine and other men, police said.
Na na na na hey hey
Hannibal
Taiwanease Royalty

Postby Hannibal » Thu Aug 11, 2016 04:32

Not that Clinton supporters care, but here's "pay to play."

Senior political columnist for the National Journal Ron Fournier said on Wednesday's Morning Joe that the Clinton private server "was all about the [Clinton] Foundation" and "the blurring of lines between their political and professional lives."
Na na na na hey hey
Hannibal
Taiwanease Royalty

Postby Hannibal » Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:07

Well well well, I wonder if the DNC will get an all new new head. Ya just can't stop the slime machine that runs the DNC.

WASHINGTON — CNN said Monday it’s “completely uncomfortable” with new leaked emails that Donna Brazile fed debate questions to Hillary Clinton and announced it has accepted her resignation as contributor.

“CNN never gave Brazile access to any questions, prep material, attendee list, background information or meetings in advance of a town hall or debate,” said CNN spokeswoman Lauren Pratapas in an email to The Post.

“We are completely uncomfortable with what we have learned about her interactions with the Clinton campaign while she was a CNN contributor.”

Brazile’s contract had been suspended in July when she was named interim head of the Democratic National Committee following the ouster of Debbie Wasserman Schultz, whose hacked emails also incidentally showed bias toward Clinton over Bernie Sanders.

CNN noted in its statement that “on October 14th, CNN accepted Donna Brazile’s resignation as a CNN contributor.”

Fresh WikiLeaks emails show that Brazile — previously accused of leaking to Team Clinton for a CNN town hall — also gave the Democratic nominee a heads-up before her Democratic primary face-off with Sanders.

Brazile, then vice chair of the DNC and a CNN contributor, emailed Clinton’s campaign on March 12, the night before the Flint, Michigan, debate.

“One of the questions directed to HRC tomorrow is from a woman with a rash,” Brazile wrote to Clinton’s campaign chairman, John Podesta, and communications director, Jennifer Palmieri.

Brazile added: “Her family has lead poison and she will ask what, if anything, will Hillary do as president to help the ppl of Flint.”

That’s close to the question that was actually asked by local resident Mikki Wade: “If elected president, what course will you take to regain my trust in government?”

It’s unsurprising that a debate in lead-poisoned Flint would include a question about the crisis.

Nonetheless, it’s the second example of Brazile helping Clinton behind the scenes. WikiLeaks earlier revealed a separate email in which Brazile told Team Clinton that the former secretary of state would get a question about the death penalty before a March 13 town hall on CNN.

Indeed, Clinton was pressed about her stance on the death penalty during the Ohio State University forum.

New information from WikiLeaks shows Brazile fingered her source for the question as Roland Martin, who helped moderate the forum.

So much for a fair an open process, letting the voters decide.

“I’ll send a few more,” Brazile said.

Know who had a nice clean free for all campaign? The GOP. They got what they got, what the people wanted.

I guess the DNC don't trust their sheep.
Na na na na hey hey
Hannibal
Taiwanease Royalty

Postby Hannibal » Wed Nov 02, 2016 05:44

Dirty Donna does TYT:
Na na na na hey hey
Hannibal
Taiwanease Royalty

Postby Bubbha » Wed Nov 02, 2016 06:10

Hannibal wrote:(Clinton Cash)

Lies, lies, and more lies from that propaganda outfit that built its name on simply making shit up: Breitbart.

If it's from Breitbart, it is bogus.
Bubbha
Taiwanease Gentry

Has given kudos: 158 times
Has gotten kudos: 274 times

Postby Hannibal » Wed Nov 02, 2016 07:51

Bubbha wrote:
Hannibal wrote:(Clinton Cash)

Lies, lies, and more lies from that propaganda outfit that built its name on simply making shit up: Breitbart.

If it's from Breitbart, it is bogus.

Wow, seeing you in three threads at once is telling. :lol:

Clinton Cash gave us the scoop on the CGI corruption inHaiti and the uranium sale to Russia, you know, Trumps friend, by Clinton, Russia's er, weezie doll.
Na na na na hey hey
Hannibal
Taiwanease Royalty

Postby Hannibal » Fri Nov 11, 2016 06:43

Dirty Donna not too popular with the young dems.

WASHINGTON ― On Thursday, Democratic Party officials held their first staff meeting since Hillary Clinton’s stunning loss to Donald Trump in the presidential race. It didn’t go well.

Donna Brazile, the interim leader of the Democratic National Committee, was giving what one attendee described as “a rip-roaring speech” to about 150 employees, about the need to have hope for wins going forward, when a staffer identified only as Zach stood up with a question.

“Why should we trust you as chair to lead us through this?” he asked, according to two people in the room. “You backed a flawed candidate, and your friend [former DNC chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz] plotted through this to support your own gain and yourself.”

Some DNC staffers started to boo and some told him to sit down. Brazile began to answer, but Zach had more to say.

“You are part of the problem,” he continued, blaming Brazile for clearing the path for Trump’s victory by siding with Clinton early on. “You and your friends will die of old age and I’m going to die from climate change. You and your friends let this happen, which is going to cut 40 years off my life expectancy.”

Zach gathered his things and began to walk out. When Brazile called after him, asking where he was going, he told her to go outside and “tell people there” why she should be leading the party.

Two DNC staffers confirmed the exchange.

Brazile could move to stay on as chair after March, but Thursday’s meeting shows at least some party officials want fresh blood at the top.

“The party is at a crossroads. They have been using the same playbook for decades, and now, they won’t let anyone else come in and change it up,” said one former longtime DNC staffer, who requested anonymity to speak freely. “The fact that Democrats just sat through a devastating defeat and now have to trust the leadership that not only contributed to Clinton’s loss, but the crushing 2014 midterm losses, well, what do they expect?”

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/don ... d4fe7954e8
Na na na na hey hey
Hannibal
Taiwanease Royalty

Return to American (Domestic) Politics