Moroccans gaining Taiwanese citizenship

Who can and cannot be a dual national, as well as the joys and frustrations accompanying that status. Includes ROC passport and military conscription issues.

Moderators: Eiger John, EigerMarcus

Moroccans gaining Taiwanese citizenship

Postby Big Vern » Wed Jun 28, 2017 13:34

This may have been covered before, but a colleague of mine is Moroccan and he was able to obtain Taiwanese citizenship without giving up his Moroccan passport. The Moroccan legislature refuse to allow people to do this, and the Taiwanese authorities accept it. Reciprocal, I guess.
Big Vern
Taiwanease Deity

Has given kudos: 555 times
Has gotten kudos: 880 times

Re: Moroccans gaining Taiwanese citizenship

Postby Icon » Wed Jun 28, 2017 14:06

Big Vern wrote:This may have been covered before, but a colleague of mine is Moroccan and he was able to obtain Taiwanese citizenship without giving up his Moroccan passport. The Moroccan legislature refuse to allow people to do this, and the Taiwanese authorities accept it. Reciprocal, I guess.

Yep, if you prove they do not allow you to quit, it is OK by ROC. Not only Moroccans, but Japanese and other nationalities have this provision.
"Lo urgente no deja tiempo para lo importante". Mafalda
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Eat the delicious food. Walk in the sunshine. Jump in the ocean. Say the truth that you’re carrying in your heart like hidden treasure. Be silly. Be kind. Be weird. There’s no time for anything else

These users gave kudos to the author Icon for the post:
Big Vern (Wed Jun 28, 2017 14:14)
Icon
Taiwanease Deity

Has given kudos: 587 times
Has gotten kudos: 855 times

Postby Big Vern » Wed Jun 28, 2017 14:14

It's weird, isn't it?
Big Vern
Taiwanease Deity

Postby maoman » Thu Jun 29, 2017 08:15

Big Vern wrote:This may have been covered before, but a colleague of mine is Moroccan and he was able to obtain Taiwanese citizenship without giving up his Moroccan passport. The Moroccan legislature refuse to allow people to do this, and the Taiwanese authorities accept it. Reciprocal, I guess.

Reciprocal how?
Be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle.
maoman  Anthony van Dyck
Admin

Has given kudos: 1840 times
Has gotten kudos: 1317 times
Display Name: Anthony van Dyck

Postby Big Vern » Thu Jun 29, 2017 08:48

maoman wrote:

Reciprocal how?

In that the Taiwanese don't have to give up their citizenship. It was a joke, of a sort.
Big Vern
Taiwanease Deity

Return to Nationality Issues