This Forum & Forumosa

Welcome to the Open Forum - the discussion forum for topics that don't quite fit anywhere else. Fair warning: Posts may be moved at the moderators' discretion to a more appropriate forum. Posts that are especially silly will probably end up in either the Fun and Games Forum or the Flounder Forum.

Moderator: jimipresley

Re: This Forum & Forumosa

Postby HeadhonchoII » Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:31

Along with Okami, it can be a tough road for some.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
But you got to ask yourself the question....what would astronaut Chris Hatfield do?
HeadhonchoII
Taiwanease Gentry

Has given kudos: 128 times
Has gotten kudos: 256 times

Postby RedRedWine » Sun Nov 19, 2017 09:59

I was using Forumosa for a month or so. Having a pretty good time. A few threads started turning into a sort of hate for men and white men especially.

So I jousted back a bit with those posters.. I was playful at times, maybe a little fiercer at other times, but all within the limits of anything you might see in mainstream media, twitter, etc...Good healthy fun. But it all got deleted by a moderator named tempogain. Not just mine, but other users as well. One guy's posts you can tell he hates white men in Taiwan and Asia. The moderator tempogain clearly has an agenda.

I noticed there are no proper ads placed on forumosa. Not sure what the owner of the site gets out of it all.
RedRedWine
Taiwanease Gentry

Has given kudos: 1 time
Has gotten kudos: 11 times

Postby maoman » Sun Nov 19, 2017 18:39

RedRedWine wrote:I was using Forumosa for a month or so. Having a pretty good time. A few threads started turning into a sort of hate for men and white men especially.

So I jousted back a bit with those posters.. I was playful at times, maybe a little fiercer at other times, but all within the limits of anything you might see in mainstream media, twitter, etc...Good healthy fun. But it all got deleted by a moderator named tempogain. Not just mine, but other users as well. One guy's posts you can tell he hates white men in Taiwan and Asia. The moderator tempogain clearly has an agenda.

I noticed there are no proper ads placed on forumosa. Not sure what the owner of the site gets out of it all.

I don’t have much to say about the current inner workings of forumosa, but I always thought tempogain was a decent guy. Anyway, welcome to Taiwanease!
Be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle.
maoman  Anthony van Dyck
Admin

Has given kudos: 1855 times
Has gotten kudos: 1340 times
Display Name: Anthony van Dyck

Postby jimipresley » Sun Nov 19, 2017 19:15

Tempo Gain's a great bloke, and a stalwart. You won't find anyone with a bad word to say about him here.

Internet forums. Yeah, well, you can find out how to find sour cream at COSTCO on Facebook.

But this is a nice place for an informal discussion or two. :twocents:
Do you ever listen to yourself? - maoman

How clever of you to take an orange and a dog biscuit and build a time machine. - Bunks

Some countries cultivate vast populations of idiots for the purpose of maintaining sham democracies. - Toad

These users gave kudos to the author jimipresley for the post:
shiadoa (Tue Nov 21, 2017 19:16)
jimipresley
Taiwanease Deity

Has given kudos: 2580 times
Has gotten kudos: 1606 times

Postby Big Vern » Sun Nov 19, 2017 19:25

@RedRedWine: Send tempogain a PM asking why your posts got removed. It could be that they were replies to another poster who got flamed, or something like that. He's a sound moderator IME.
Big Vern
Taiwanease Deity

Has given kudos: 564 times
Has gotten kudos: 916 times

Postby RedRedWine » Sun Nov 19, 2017 19:58

No biggie I couldn't be bothered. Just lost interest after about the 5th time the moderator interpreted what I should be saying as per his framing of the world, and chopped up my content, sending me private messages, warning me. So uptight. Trying to protect women and minorities or something along those lines?? I have no idea. A poster came in and said white men coming to Asia are losers, so you know, I gave it back to the guy. No swearing, no name calling, just good old online jousting...like the good old days yeah? But my posts (and others) were removed, but the poster's hate was not (OK later it was)
RedRedWine
Taiwanease Gentry

Postby RedRedWine » Tue Nov 21, 2017 17:46

Sorry guys but this navigation is tough! I'm struggling to find the reply to posts and all that. Forumosa got you beat on this area.
Also, where the hell is everyone?
Calling all Forumosa banned posters! Come in! Come join us over here....just as soon as I figure this thing out.
:heart:
RedRedWine
Taiwanease Gentry

Postby Big Vern » Tue Nov 21, 2017 18:56

RedRedWine wrote:Sorry guys but this navigation is tough! I'm struggling to find the reply to posts and all that. Forumosa got you beat on this area.
Calling all Forumosa banned posters! Come in! Come join us over here....just as soon as I figure this thing out.

I find it much more user-friendly here. :idunno: Might be you've gotten used to the other site's functions. I find it painful to use and not very easy on the eye - although I'm not too keen on the pinky-blue colors over here.

The posters here are small but perfectly formed. Quality over quantity. Size doesn't matter etc. We kid ourselves that that's true.
Big Vern
Taiwanease Deity

Postby jimipresley » Tue Nov 21, 2017 19:09

Big Vern wrote:The posters here are small but perfectly formed.

I may not be tall, but I'm not SMALL! :bluemad:
Do you ever listen to yourself? - maoman

How clever of you to take an orange and a dog biscuit and build a time machine. - Bunks

Some countries cultivate vast populations of idiots for the purpose of maintaining sham democracies. - Toad
jimipresley
Taiwanease Deity

Has given kudos: 2580 times
Has gotten kudos: 1606 times

Postby Big Vern » Tue Nov 21, 2017 19:12

jimipresley wrote:
Big Vern wrote:The posters here are small but perfectly formed.

I may not be tall, but I'm not SMALL! :bluemad:

It's relatives.
Big Vern
Taiwanease Deity

Postby RedRedWine » Tue Nov 21, 2017 19:52

Big Vern wrote:
RedRedWine wrote:Sorry guys but this navigation is tough! I'm struggling to find the reply to posts and all that. Forumosa got you beat on this area.

I find it much more user-friendly here. :idunno: Might be you've gotten used to the other site's functions. I find it painful to use and not very easy on the eye - although I'm not too keen on the pinky-blue colors over here.

The posters here are small but perfectly formed. Quality over quantity. Size doesn't matter etc. We kid ourselves that that's true.

Guys guys where is the standard top right red number notification of responses to messages? Like LINE or any app. Also I don't clearly see where to respond to a thread is it the "Quote" button only?
RedRedWine
Taiwanease Gentry

Postby Big Vern » Tue Nov 21, 2017 20:05

"Post a reply" - bottom left as you are looking at the screen. Notifications of replies to your posts are sent to your email account.
Big Vern
Taiwanease Deity

Postby RedRedWine » Tue Nov 21, 2017 20:34

Ah I see it now the "Post a reply" button...very inconspicuous. Trust me I looked. And receiving replies to posts via email, no no..it's scientifically proven now people get a dopamine shot to the brain on seeing that top right red number message alert.
RedRedWine
Taiwanease Gentry

Postby Big Vern » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:39

They're really trigger happy on removing posts on the flob. It's incredible. Posts get removed before I have a chance to finish reading them. No temp, either. It's a shame because a couple of chaps are having a right ding dong at the moment about sticky balls.

EDIT: My mistake, there is a temp.
Big Vern
Taiwanease Deity

Postby Poagao » Tue Nov 28, 2017 14:32

I suppose Taiwanease had to have its version of Rowland eventually. I always thought that Maoman started this place in an attempt to get away from all the BS horrible people were posting in an increasingly frequent fashion over at the flob rather than the attempts to constrict said BS, but I could be wrong.
Poagao
Taiwanease Gentry

Has given kudos: 42 times
Has gotten kudos: 141 times

PreviousNext

Return to Open Forum