Notary public open on weekends?

All issues that are not covered by the following legal forums may be posted here.

Moderator: Eiger John

Forum rules
Taiwanease is pleased to have the legal forums moderated by individuals from the upstanding legal firm Eiger. While the moderators are happy to help point people in the right direction for legal assistance and to attempt to keep these forums civil and tidy, please bear in mind that an Internet forum is not the place for providing or receiving legal advice or for the creation of any attorney-client privileges or obligations. Also keep in mind that Taiwanease, the moderators and the Eiger firm cannot conduct comprehensive reviews of all laws or legal concepts referenced or discussed within these forums – laws and regulations are updated and amended, interpretations do change, and sometimes the legal landscape can change very fast. Taiwanease provides these legal forums for general informational purposes only. By using these legal forums, you agree that the information does not constitute legal or other professional advice and no attorney-client or other relationship is created between you and Eiger or any other posters on these forums. DO NOT CONSIDER THE FORUMS TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR OBTAINING LEGAL ADVICE FROM A QUALIFIED LICENSED ATTORNEY.

Notary public open on weekends?

Postby Dragonbones » Wed Aug 22, 2018 08:48

I need to notarize a letter supporting my brother's legal guardianship status over my dad, who has progressive dementia. Does anyone know of a notary public open on weekends on the east side of Taibei? All the ones I've checked so far are M-F.
“To cook for the pleasure of it, to devote a portion of our leisure to it, is to declare our independence from the corporations seeking to organize our every waking moment into yet another occasion for consumption." --Michael Pollan
Dragonbones
Taiwanease Deity

Has given kudos: 535 times
Has gotten kudos: 1053 times

Re: Notary public open on weekends?

Postby cranky laowai » Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:18

AIT has a notary service (US$50). You might check with them about their hours for that, and whether they would handle your type of document. Probably double check which location they're using.
cranky laowai
Taiwanease Aristocracy

Has given kudos: 171 times
Has gotten kudos: 499 times

Re: Notary public open on weekends?

Postby Dragonbones » Wed Aug 22, 2018 14:41

Thanks; I think they're by appointment only, though -- hoping for something quick and easy.
“To cook for the pleasure of it, to devote a portion of our leisure to it, is to declare our independence from the corporations seeking to organize our every waking moment into yet another occasion for consumption." --Michael Pollan
Dragonbones
Taiwanease Deity

Has given kudos: 535 times
Has gotten kudos: 1053 times

Return to General Legal Matters