Jimi's Prior Life

Taiwaneasia's got talent! Post your photographs, videos, poems, songs, etc. here. Whether it's an artistic triumph or an experiment, you'll find an appreciative audience here! :bravo:

Moderator: cfimages

Forum rules
1. Please post only content you have created yourself or in collaboration with others. A video of your band's new song belongs, a video of Lady Gaga doesn't. :bow:

2. Limit yourself to a maximum of 3 photos / videos / pictures per post.

If you have any questions, ideas etc, feel free to send me (cfimages) a PM.

Re: Jimi's Prior Life

Postby John Ross » Mon May 09, 2016 16:16

sandman wrote:
John Ross wrote:
jimipresley wrote:My CD is eventually out. 25 years later and it still sounds bloody good. If anyone wants a hard copy, they're NT$400 (cost price) or you can download it at iTunes.

Rolling Stone article:

http://wailingstation.blogspot.tw/2015/ ... ry-of.html

My God, it's like something out of a comedy. From the article:
Performances were of such a nature that indemnity forms had to be signed by audience members. It was a dangerous affair that included the likes of pyrotechnics, shooting guns loaded with blanks, throwing petrol on the audience then lighting it and spraying angle grinder sparks onto their on-stage gimp and the audience.

‘The band quit due to growing concerns for audience safety, especially after our last gig. Going that far with the show and then cutting back wouldn’t work’ recalls Derek Davey (bass and drums).

WTF!!!!

Derek! You had a guy called DEREK? How could you have ever hoped to succeed?

sandman wrote:
John Ross wrote:
jimipresley wrote:My CD is eventually out. 25 years later and it still sounds bloody good. If anyone wants a hard copy, they're NT$400 (cost price) or you can download it at iTunes.

Rolling Stone article:

http://wailingstation.blogspot.tw/2015/ ... ry-of.html

My God, it's like something out of a comedy. From the article:
Performances were of such a nature that indemnity forms had to be signed by audience members. It was a dangerous affair that included the likes of pyrotechnics, shooting guns loaded with blanks, throwing petrol on the audience then lighting it and spraying angle grinder sparks onto their on-stage gimp and the audience.

‘The band quit due to growing concerns for audience safety, especially after our last gig. Going that far with the show and then cutting back wouldn’t work’ recalls Derek Davey (bass and drums).

WTF!!!!

Derek! You had a guy called DEREK? How could you have ever hoped to succeed?

God, I know. It's like something out of the mockumentary This is Spinal Tap. I just checked wiki, yep, Derek Smalls, the fictional band's bassist with the speakers that "go to 11" (among other classic lines).

:beer: :beer:
John Ross
Taiwanease Gentry

Has given kudos: 324 times
Has gotten kudos: 540 times

Postby Big Vern » Mon May 09, 2016 17:03

John Ross wrote:
God, I know. It's like something out of the mockumentary This is Spinal Tap. I just checked wiki, yep, Derek Smalls, the fictional band's bassist with the speakers that "go to 11" (among other classic lines).

Nigel Tufnel.
Big Vern
Taiwanease Deity

Has given kudos: 562 times
Has gotten kudos: 894 times

Postby jimipresley » Sun Oct 16, 2016 12:55

If anyone cares, here's a remix of one of my songs by a respected producer. Not for the faint of heart. :smile:

Do you ever listen to yourself? - maoman

How clever of you to take an orange and a dog biscuit and build a time machine. - Bunks

Some countries cultivate vast populations of idiots for the purpose of maintaining sham democracies. - Toad

These users gave kudos to the author jimipresley for the post (total 4):
sandman (Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:57) • ThreadKiller (Sun Oct 16, 2016 21:08) • Kal El (Sun Oct 16, 2016 13:33) • Big Vern (Sun Oct 16, 2016 13:31)
jimipresley
Taiwanease Deity

Has given kudos: 2539 times
Has gotten kudos: 1573 times

Postby jimipresley » Sun Sep 16, 2018 18:50

I'm on an international indie compilation:

Track 4

https://nbtmusicradio.bandcamp.com/albu ... ompilation

How clever of you to take an orange and a dog biscuit and build a time machine. - Bunks

Some countries cultivate vast populations of idiots for the purpose of maintaining sham democracies. - Toad

These users gave kudos to the author jimipresley for the post (total 3):
Just Jennifer (Mon Sep 17, 2018 01:02) • cfimages (Sun Sep 16, 2018 21:16) • Kal El (Sun Sep 16, 2018 21:12)
jimipresley
Taiwanease Deity

Postby Kal El » Sun Sep 16, 2018 21:13

I'm friends with someone who's on an international indie compilation! :yay: :beer:
Don't talk to me about naval tradition. It's nothing but rum, sodomy and the lash.
Sir Winston Churchill

Heathen filth, the lot of you.
Dr Kurt Langstrom

人不可貌相,海水不可斗量

These users gave kudos to the author Kal El for the post:
jimipresley (Wed Sep 26, 2018 18:15)
Kal El
Taiwanease Deity

Has given kudos: 1215 times
Has gotten kudos: 1154 times

Postby jimipresley » Wed Sep 26, 2018 17:15

One of my songs is featured in a new Canadian film! It's used in a murder scene. :grin:

It's a horror film, so not most people's cup of tea. Here's the trailer, probably :nsfw:

http://calendar.raindancefestival.org/films/hex

Looks pretty fuckin' trashy, but, hey, I've got a song in it! :smile:

These users gave kudos to the author jimipresley for the post (total 3):
Toad (Thu Sep 27, 2018 20:04) • Kal El (Thu Sep 27, 2018 07:15) • Just Jennifer (Thu Sep 27, 2018 01:37)
jimipresley
Taiwanease Deity

Previous

Return to Creative Arts