Netflix in Taiwan! The Cheats!

Books, music, films, movies, TV shows, etc. - this is the place for it! A & E topics related to Taiwan or China should be posted in the Culture & History Forum.

Moderator: ThreadKiller

Re: Netflix in Taiwan! The Cheats!

Postby ThreadKiller » Thu Aug 18, 2016 01:49

And I've temporarily changed the title of the thread to express my displeasure at the sad dollar value we get for subscribing over here. :grin:
"Sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here." (Melvin Udall)
ThreadKiller
Taiwanease Royalty

Has given kudos: 1710 times
Has gotten kudos: 911 times

Netflix in Taiwan! The Cheats!

Postby HeadhonchoII » Thu Aug 18, 2016 08:21

I don't know. Wouldn't people in countries that weren't the US want to watch more local stuff or at least Korean soap operas! If I was Netflix I would be setting up my Asia HQ in the land of kimchi already.
I don't bother with Netflix cos I can get it all on my tv box and it doesn't have stuff from my homeland either, 100s more tv shows that I never heard of from the US is simply not worth it to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
But you got to ask yourself the question....what would astronaut Chris Hatfield do?
HeadhonchoII
Taiwanease Gentry

Has given kudos: 128 times
Has gotten kudos: 256 times

Postby Kal El » Thu Aug 18, 2016 09:00

HeadhonchoII wrote:I don't know. Wouldn't people in countries that weren't the US want to watch more local stuff or at least Korean soap operas! If I was Netflix I would be setting up my Asia HQ in the land of kimchi already.
I don't bother with Netflix cos I can get it all on my tv box and it doesn't have stuff from my homeland either, 100s more tv shows that I never heard of from the US is simply not worth it to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same here. I don't even have time to watch everything I want to watch on MOD. :idunno:
Don't talk to me about naval tradition. It's nothing but rum, sodomy and the lash.
Sir Winston Churchill

Heathen filth, the lot of you.
Dr Kurt Langstrom

人不可貌相,海水不可斗量
Kal El
Taiwanease Deity

Has given kudos: 1235 times
Has gotten kudos: 1164 times

Re: Netflix in Taiwan!

Postby Corns » Sat Sep 16, 2017 14:59

Kal El wrote:Netflix and chill. It's the code amongst young folks for "come over to my place to pretend to watch some streaming movie while I try to shag you". :idunno:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lewd indeed.
You're actually a nihilistic sociopath wrapped up in a Canadian flag pretending to be some giant intellect tapping away from a southern French shed.---Broonale
Corns
Taiwanease Gentry

Has given kudos: 130 times
Has gotten kudos: 219 times

Postby MilkTeaJack » Thu Nov 23, 2017 14:01

I'm digging some of the selections but I have to admit, when talking with family in the US and they talk about what they watch on NFlix and I can't, its frustrating. And I find that there are A LOT of crap korean and Chinese movies/shows as opposed to some really, really good gems which are on for precisely one month and then gone.
The Iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and listen to all kinds of talk, get told that you’re a god or a total bastard. The Iron will always kick you the real deal. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver.-Henry Rollins
MilkTeaJack
Taiwanease Gentry

Has given kudos: 99 times
Has gotten kudos: 80 times

Postby RedRedWine » Thu Nov 23, 2017 20:53

I think we pay 380NT...380NT!! it's laughable. It's nothing. I like the documentaries
RedRedWine
Taiwanease Gentry

Has given kudos: 1 time
Has gotten kudos: 11 times

Postby Kal El » Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:17

Right, so someone told me about Black Mirror yesterday. It sounded good, so I went to my old standby, EZTV. Nada. Checked out ye olde TPB. Nada. So, with a heavy heart I searched Netflix. They offered the first month free. I signed up. Apparently, after my free month is up it's just NT$390 for a 4 screen premium package in HD. Sweet! Browsing through I see tons of movies and TV series' I want to watch, plus they have subtitles for the missus. Double sweet!

So I'll be giving cable (NT$1400/2 months) the boot.

However, how to get the best out of Netflix? How do I see the individual episodes in a series? So many questions really.
Don't talk to me about naval tradition. It's nothing but rum, sodomy and the lash.
Sir Winston Churchill

Dr Kurt Langstrom

人不可貌相,海水不可斗量
Kal El
Taiwanease Deity

Postby jimipresley » Mon Dec 31, 2018 13:13

Kal El wrote:How do I see the individual episodes in a series?

There's an icon on the bottom right of the screen where you can choose seasons and episodes.
Do you ever listen to yourself? - maoman

How clever of you to take an orange and a dog biscuit and build a time machine. - Bunks

Some countries cultivate vast populations of idiots for the purpose of maintaining sham democracies. - Toad

These users gave kudos to the author jimipresley for the post:
Kal El (Tue Jan 01, 2019 04:31)
jimipresley
Taiwanease Deity

Has given kudos: 2580 times
Has gotten kudos: 1606 times

Postby jimipresley » Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:24

Kal El wrote:Right, so someone told me about Black Mirror yesterday. It sounded good, so I went to my old standby, EZTV. Nada. Checked out ye olde TPB. Nada. So, with a heavy heart I searched Netflix. They offered the first month free. I signed up. Apparently, after my free month is up it's just NT$390 for a 4 screen premium package in HD. Sweet! Browsing through I see tons of movies and TV series' I want to watch, plus they have subtitles for the missus. Double sweet!

Had a bit of a change of heart, eh? :smile:
Do you ever listen to yourself? - maoman

How clever of you to take an orange and a dog biscuit and build a time machine. - Bunks

Some countries cultivate vast populations of idiots for the purpose of maintaining sham democracies. - Toad
jimipresley
Taiwanease Deity

Has given kudos: 2580 times
Has gotten kudos: 1606 times

Postby Kal El » Wed Jan 02, 2019 08:03

jimipresley wrote:
Kal El wrote:Right, so someone told me about Black Mirror yesterday. It sounded good, so I went to my old standby, EZTV. Nada. Checked out ye olde TPB. Nada. So, with a heavy heart I searched Netflix. They offered the first month free. I signed up. Apparently, after my free month is up it's just NT$390 for a 4 screen premium package in HD. Sweet! Browsing through I see tons of movies and TV series' I want to watch, plus they have subtitles for the missus. Double sweet!

Had a bit of a change of heart, eh? :smile:

Well, couldn't find Black Mirror anywhere and they give you a free month to start. So far, seems a bargain. Just wondering about the negative reviews above, like good stuff disappearing after a month etc.
Also, there seems to be a massive selection in both movies and TV shows, both old and new, but reviews above, and the title, suggest that's not the case. :idunno:
Sir Winston Churchill

Dr Kurt Langstrom

人不可貌相,海水不可斗量
Kal El
Taiwanease Deity

Postby Icon » Wed Feb 06, 2019 22:54

I am starting to use more Netflix as the ehem alternative service is getting stuck. I like the quality of Netflix images, even better than my HD provider, maybe DVD/blu ray quality. But the movies are old. I am using it for Korean ones I have not found English subtitles yet and basically original stuff like Odja. Star Trek, loved seeing the animated series after so long. But yeah variety wise is problematic.

Seems there is some kind of deal going on between MOD and Netflix. Will check it out after the break.
"Lo urgente no deja tiempo para lo importante". Mafalda
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Eat the delicious food. Walk in the sunshine. Jump in the ocean. Say the truth that you’re carrying in your heart like hidden treasure. Be silly. Be kind. Be weird. There’s no time for anything else
Icon
Taiwanease Deity

Has given kudos: 627 times
Has gotten kudos: 856 times

Postby Dragonbones » Mon Feb 11, 2019 13:52

Netflix is pretty good for kids' animation. :idunno:
“To cook for the pleasure of it, to devote a portion of our leisure to it, is to declare our independence from the corporations seeking to organize our every waking moment into yet another occasion for consumption." --Michael Pollan
Dragonbones
Taiwanease Deity

Has given kudos: 543 times
Has gotten kudos: 1062 times

Previous

Return to Arts & Entertainment