If I become Taiwanese, can my parents live here?

ARCs, APRCs, JFRVs and a million other acronyms that you never thought you'd need to know about - until now. Find out what you need to know here.

Moderator: Eiger John

Forum rules
Taiwanease is pleased to have the legal forums moderated by individuals from the upstanding legal firm Eiger Law. While the moderators are happy to help point people in the right direction for legal assistance and to attempt to keep these forums civil and tidy, please bear in mind that an Internet forum is not the place for providing or receiving legal advice or for the creation of any attorney-client privileges or obligations. Also keep in mind that Taiwanease, the moderators and the Eiger Law firm cannot conduct comprehensive reviews of all laws or legal concepts referenced or discussed within these forums – laws and regulations are updated and amended, interpretations do change, and sometimes the legal landscape can change very fast. Taiwanease provides these legal forums for general informational purposes only. By using these legal forums, you agree that the information does not constitute legal or other professional advice and no attorney-client or other relationship is created between you and Eiger Law or any other posters on these forums. DO NOT CONSIDER THE FORUMS TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR OBTAINING LEGAL ADVICE FROM A QUALIFIED LICENSED ATTORNEY.

Re: If I become Taiwanese, can my parents live here?

Postby cranky laowai » Sun Apr 28, 2019 16:33

Icon wrote:Taiwan could look more into the retiree business. With good safety, health care and high standard of living at a reasonable rate, it could be a great choice.

The government has brought this up before. The last time I remember was quite a few years ago. At the time they were talking about offering a six-month visa.

Sooner or later, though, retirees who don't just die or leave are going to get to the point of needing long-term care, and maybe going on visa runs then won't be so practical.... Will the cops swoop down on the nursing homes to deport nonagenarian overstays?
cranky laowai
Taiwanease Aristocracy

Has given kudos: 180 times
Has gotten kudos: 526 times

Re: If I become Taiwanese, can my parents live here?

Postby Icon » Sun Apr 28, 2019 18:42

Six months is ridiculous. If a 4th world backwater as where I come from makes good business from retirees, why can't Taiwan? It would solve our parent's issue for starters, and bring moolah to the nation's coffers. Problem is they need to open up...
"Lo urgente no deja tiempo para lo importante". Mafalda
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Eat the delicious food. Walk in the sunshine. Jump in the ocean. Say the truth that you’re carrying in your heart like hidden treasure. Be silly. Be kind. Be weird. There’s no time for anything else
Icon
Taiwanease Deity

Has given kudos: 627 times
Has gotten kudos: 856 times

Previous

Return to Visa & Residency Issues in Taiwan