Group exercise classes for pregnant ladies?

What is going to happen to me over the next nine months? What is it like to be pregnant in Taiwan? Pregnancy questions, birth stories and other topics relevant to this special time in your life.

Moderator: Just Jennifer

Group exercise classes for pregnant ladies?

Postby duck » Thu Dec 30, 2010 16:53

Hello everyone

Just wondering if there are any exercise classes in Taipei, preferrably near Tianmu, that offer group exercise classes for pregnant ladies?

I prefer not to do yoga/pilates/swimming and would prefer cardio/strength exercises as that's what I enjoy.

I stopped my gym membership @ 22 weeks as I was heading overseas and now that I'm back I need to start exercising again as I'm getting a fat face and thunder thighs! Previously I was doing Bodypump and Bodycombat (albeit at much lower intensity compared to pre-pregnancy) but I doubt anyone will let me enter their class with a belly that is obviously baking a baby...

Thanks in advance!
duck
Taiwanease Gentry

Has given kudos: 0 time
Has gotten kudos: 1 time

Re: Group exercise classes for pregnant ladies?

Postby Just Jennifer » Mon Jan 16, 2012 20:36

If you've moved from Tianmu and/or are willing to travel to Neihu, my friend teaches pregnancy and post-partum fitness classes at Parents' Place, just a brisk five-minute walk from Neihu Station.

If you really need a Tianmu class, get in touch with Michaela Stevens at Bodyworks! I think she has classes at several locations, and pretty certain there's a Tianmu class.
Make magical, musical memories with your child at Kindermusik with Jennifer Joy
[url]http://www.fb.com/kmjoytaiwan[/url]
Just Jennifer
Taiwanease Aristocracy

Has given kudos: 1846 times
Has gotten kudos: 320 times

Return to Pregnancy & Childbirth