pregnant in taipei ---- who else????

What is going to happen to me over the next nine months? What is it like to be pregnant in Taiwan? Pregnancy questions, birth stories and other topics relevant to this special time in your life.

Moderator: Just Jennifer

pregnant in taipei ---- who else????

Postby maggylena » Thu Sep 06, 2012 21:55

hey everybody....

i´m maggy, german, living in taipei together with my boyfriend for 1,5 now and i´m 8 weeks pregnant!!! who else in town is pregnant and wants to share??? who knows a good hospital, a good doctor? i went to a good one in Zhongshan hospital (bernise chen) but she wont deliver any longer and told me i had to look for another doctor... now i have no idea.... where to go.... does anybody knows a good one/ has good experiences?

would be happy to hear from anybody out there ;)
maggylena
Taiwanease Gentry

Has given kudos: 0 time
Has gotten kudos: 0 time

Re: pregnant in taipei ---- who else????

Postby Jos » Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:31

Hi Maggy,

Congratulations! sorry I'm not pregnant and I'm retired on this category.

But I did delivered my son in Chang Gung Hospital in Taipei, Doctors can speak English.

There's so many Big hospital in Taipei like Taiwan Adventist Hospital and so on.

Jos
Jos
Taiwanease Gentry

Has given kudos: 2 times
Has gotten kudos: 36 times

Postby Just Jennifer » Fri Sep 07, 2012 18:45

Maggy,

Congratulations!

First, read through the Parenting forum here, which we call the Parent Pages @ Taiwanease. You'll be able to find lots of information on pregnancy, childbirth, post-partum issues, doctor recommendations, etc. I'm sad to hear that Bernice no longer attends births. She has been recommended here many times, and she was my doctor when I was pregnant with my youngest child.

Second, my good friend Angela Chang (my co-moderator here at the Parent Pages) is a doula here, and is a wealth of information about everything related to pregnancy and childbirth. Visit her websiteto learn more about her services.

Third, plug into the parenting groups here in Taipei. If you speak Chinese, you can check out http://www.babyhome.com.tw but if you don't speak/read Chinese and want to connect with other foreign parents to share information and resources, then you'll want to join the Taipei City Playgroup. There are outings every Thursday led by my friend Kelly, and you'll be made to feel welcome even if you're little one hasn't arrived yet. :smile:

To join the playgroup mailing list and get weekly notifications about the Thursday playdates and other special events, send a blank email to cityplaygroup-subscribe@parentpages.net or join the Facebook group.
Make magical, musical memories with your child at Kindermusik with Jennifer Joy
[url]http://www.fb.com/kmjoytaiwan[/url]
Just Jennifer
Taiwanease Aristocracy

Has given kudos: 1836 times
Has gotten kudos: 320 times

Postby maggylena » Fri Sep 07, 2012 19:32

hi jos and jennifer!!!!

thank you both for your reply ;) jennifer! thanks so much!!!! thanks for the tipp with babyhome.com.tw... i do speak chinese and ill check it out later ;) also the playgroup! both sounds good!

thank you so much so far, have a great evening ;)
maggylena
Taiwanease Gentry

Postby angie » Sat Sep 08, 2012 09:37

Hi Maggy,

Congratulations!

It's true, Bernice is no longer doing obstetrics, gynecology only. I can recommend Dr. Jean Chang at Chung Shan hospital. If you are planning a natural birth and want to be in a supportive environment, the birth center in XinZhuang is my favorite place to attend births and the doctor is Dr.Hsu www.friendly-birthing-center.com

Dr.Pai-Lin is a favorite among expats and she is at Adventist. It is one of the more expensive birth places in Taipei though.

I plan on holding a social event for expecting parents very soon and will post the information for you. Also, we have prenatal exercise classes at Parents Place which is a good way to meet other moms www.parentsplace.com.tw.

Angie
Taipei Doula Services http://www.beautifulbeginnings.com.tw
Certified Childbirth Educator, Certified Birth Doula

www.parentsplace.com.tw
An activity center for kids, parents and parents-to-be
angie
Taiwanease Gentry

Has given kudos: 4 times
Has gotten kudos: 15 times

Postby maggylena » Sun Sep 09, 2012 16:45

hi angie!!!! thank you so much for your reply!!!! i find it so hard to make a decision for the hospital and the doctor.... since i have no idea about anything ;) but one thing is sure... i really need a supportive environment and im looking for a warm, friendly and supportive doctor because i get scared easy - especially now, because its my first pregnancy, everything is new, and im in an unknown environment!

so if you think that Dr.Pai-Lin is one of the best... maybe i shoult try it... do you know what are the prices there compared to zhongshan?

;) i know, everything will be allright - but for now i just hope that the next sono will be fine ;) since eveything is still very early... (10 weeks) but i just thought i look for some information as soon as possible ;)

parentsplace, and your plan for the event sounds great! ;) let me know about it!

thank you so much! Maggy
maggylena
Taiwanease Gentry

Postby Sophia in Taipei » Thu Sep 13, 2012 19:25

Hi Maggylena,

You ask for prices in TAI AN, I posted about it: the-latest-costs-in-tai-an-hospital-summer-2012-t8639.html

Congratulations for your pregnancy, I am 6 month pregnant and this is also my first time, I will go to Tai An :smile:
I am in vacations in France now but I come back for beginning october, we could meet and talk about everything you want, I would be happy to share.
I live near Tianmu but I work in Shi-Da, so maybe we can arrange a moment together? I will send you a private message. If you need just call or write to me! :smile:
Sophia in Taipei
Taiwanease Gentry

Has gotten kudos: 2 times

Postby maggylena » Thu Sep 13, 2012 19:35

hi sophia! great to hear from you!!! thanks for your message! im living near Shi-Da so it would be great meeting you!!! ;) send me an private message and well arrange our meeting ;)

enjoy france ;)

see you soon ;) ;)
maggylena
Taiwanease Gentry

Postby Mariel » Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:23

Hi!
I’m Mariel from Dominican Republic, married with a French guy, living in Taipei and pregnant!!!!! (22 weeks), as is my first baby I don’t know anything about it… I need help and my family is so far  …being pregnant is wonderful that’s why I think the best I can do is to share with someone in the same situation!... talk about doctors, hospital, where to buy baby stuff, etc…

I would be very happy to hear about some of you girls!!!

Mariel P.
Mariel
1st post! Welcome to Taiwanease!

Postby Just Jennifer » Wed Oct 31, 2012 02:46

Mariel, congratulations!! Visit Parents Place sometime, maybe on a Tuesday when they have a free play morning for tots and you'll meet some experienced parents who can introduce you to some expectant moms and also share some of their experiences with you. Www.parentsplace.com.tw
Make magical, musical memories with your child at Kindermusik with Jennifer Joy
[url]http://www.fb.com/kmjoytaiwan[/url]
Just Jennifer
Taiwanease Aristocracy

Has given kudos: 1836 times
Has gotten kudos: 320 times

Postby mrsn » Wed Nov 07, 2012 23:30

I'm expecting my second in December, and I also lead the English-speaking Breastfeeding Support Group hosted by Parents' Place. Our next meeting is Monday, November 12 at 3pm. I encourage you to go as you'll also get a chance to meet lots of moms there. Everyone is very welcome.
mrsn
Taiwanease Gentry

Has given kudos: 2 times
Has gotten kudos: 4 times

Postby angie » Wed Nov 07, 2012 23:54

You two actually met at Parents Place on Monday :).
Taipei Doula Services http://www.beautifulbeginnings.com.tw
Certified Childbirth Educator, Certified Birth Doula

www.parentsplace.com.tw
An activity center for kids, parents and parents-to-be
angie
Taiwanease Gentry

Has given kudos: 4 times
Has gotten kudos: 15 times

Postby maggylena » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:03

hi mrsn,

first of all congratulations ;) and your event sounds great! such a pity i cant join it because i have class until 3_30! how long will the class go? i´d really love to join actually!
maggylena
Taiwanease Gentry

Return to Pregnancy & Childbirth