Suggestions for hospitals in Taipei supporting a normal birth after a cesarean?

What is going to happen to me over the next nine months? What is it like to be pregnant in Taiwan? Pregnancy questions, birth stories and other topics relevant to this special time in your life.

Moderator: Just Jennifer

Suggestions for hospitals in Taipei supporting a normal birth after a cesarean?

Postby meikaefer » Wed Feb 26, 2014 16:28

Hello everyone,

I'm currently 12 weeks pregnant with my second child. The first one was born by a cesarian due to breech (male?) positioning.
If this time the baby is in the right position for a natural birth, I would prefer a vaginal birth over a cesarian...
Does anyone have suggestions for hospitals/doctors in Taipei that support a vaginal birth after a cesarian (preferably also one that does not perform routine episiotomy)?

Greetings to all.
Meikaefer
meikaefer
2nd post! You're back for more!

Has given kudos: 0 time
Has gotten kudos: 0 time

Re: Suggestions for hospitals in Taipei supporting a normal birth after a cesarean?

Postby Just Jennifer » Wed Feb 26, 2014 19:54

Welcome and congratulations! I have friends who have had a VBAC (vaginal birth after cesarean) at Zhongshan and Adventist. Forum members have recommended those two hospitals again and again, along with Cathay, Wanfang, Tri-Services, ShinKong, and a few others. Where do you live? That will be a factor in which hospital you choose, and members might be able to recommend a hospital/doctor in your area.

I think it's also a good idea to connect with my friend Angela Chang, a doula and childbirth educator serving the international community here.

As for episiotomies, as far as I know they are routine here at vaginal births but I specified "no episiotom" for my two births here and had no problems (looks of surprise on doctors and nurses though!)

Good luck and also browse the forum for opinions on doctors and hospitals.
Make magical, musical memories with your child at Kindermusik with Jennifer Joy
[url]http://www.fb.com/kmjoytaiwan[/url]
Just Jennifer
Taiwanease Aristocracy

Has given kudos: 1846 times
Has gotten kudos: 320 times

Re: Suggestions for hospitals in Taipei supporting a normal birth after a cesarean?

Postby meikaefer » Thu Feb 27, 2014 13:33

Hi Jennifer,

I'll live in Nankang, so I guess Zhongshan and Adventist both are good options for me.
Thanks a lot for the advice and tips.

Greetings.
meikaefer
2nd post! You're back for more!

Has given kudos: 0 time
Has gotten kudos: 0 time

Return to Pregnancy & Childbirth