Red Bean Water for Swollen Pregnant Feet

What is going to happen to me over the next nine months? What is it like to be pregnant in Taiwan? Pregnancy questions, birth stories and other topics relevant to this special time in your life.

Moderator: Just Jennifer

Red Bean Water for Swollen Pregnant Feet

Postby Neila » Tue Sep 02, 2014 15:47

So, here's an odd one, but I don't have anyone to ask. :)

I'm about halfway through my third trimester, and every day my feet swell big time. Like "Did there used to be ankles there?" swollen. I'm in an office all day, so I don't have much of a chance to put my feet up until I get home. I have compression stockings, but they don't seem to be doing much.

At my last prenatal appointment the nurse suggested I try red bean water (紅豆水). I ordered some off PChome and have been adding it to my tea in the morning, but so far, my feet are as swollen as ever. I'm using one packet of the red bean water powder a day, should I be doing more? I can't find any information online, and I won't go back to the birthing center for two weeks. Anyone have experience with this?
Neila
Taiwanease Gentry

Has given kudos: 1 time
Has gotten kudos: 22 times

Re: Red Bean Water for Swollen Pregnant Feet

Postby divea » Tue Sep 02, 2014 19:29

I did. And it worked fab. My doc at the adventist had advised me this. Just go to a mom and pop store but red beans, boil ot without salt and drink the broth AND if possibble have the beans too. I had to take it twice and my swelling was GONE. Hope this helps! Gotta dash.

Oh and keep asking questions here, if you have no one to ask. Someone will get back!
Work is the curse of the drinking classes- Wilde
divea
Taiwanease Deity

Has given kudos: 1317 times
Has gotten kudos: 705 times

Postby Neila » Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:00

Thanks for that. I was doing the powder, so maybe it's not potent enough. Will pick up the real thing tonight!
Neila
Taiwanease Gentry

Has gotten kudos: 22 times

Postby Icon » Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:58

What if one adds some cumin, oregano, coriander and garlic? Just asking.
"Lo urgente no deja tiempo para lo importante". Mafalda
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Eat the delicious food. Walk in the sunshine. Jump in the ocean. Say the truth that you’re carrying in your heart like hidden treasure. Be silly. Be kind. Be weird. There’s no time for anything else
Icon
Taiwanease Deity

Has given kudos: 597 times
Has gotten kudos: 855 times

Postby teggs » Wed Sep 03, 2014 13:09

My wife drank one tablespoon of ginger juice mixed with about 400 cc of water every morning to combat this. Never had any problems..
teggs
Taiwanease Gentry

Has gotten kudos: 2 times

Postby divea » Thu Sep 04, 2014 06:05

Icon wrote:What if one adds some cumin, oregano, coriander and garlic? Just asking.

The red bean soup is on the sweeter side. One can add salt but it kind of negates the whole natural diuretic thing then because salt retains water....the herbs you mentioned are good for mostly savoury stuff but sure.

Anyways it;s not elaborate, take it like medicine. That's it.
Work is the curse of the drinking classes- Wilde
divea
Taiwanease Deity

Has given kudos: 1317 times
Has gotten kudos: 705 times

Return to Pregnancy & Childbirth