Sadiq Khan Elected London’s First Muslim Mayor

International politics should be discussed here, as well as domestic issues for countries other than Taiwan and the United States. For Taiwanese and American political discussion, please post in the forums reserved for that purpose, thank you!

Re: Sadiq Khan Elected London’s First Muslim Mayor

Postby jimipresley » Sun May 08, 2016 10:08

TainanCowboy wrote:By the way - Y'all need to check your own RASCIST comments on this thread. Quite uncalled for.

Sorry, what? :ponder:
Do you ever listen to yourself? - maoman

How clever of you to take an orange and a dog biscuit and build a time machine. - Bunks

Some countries cultivate vast populations of idiots for the purpose of maintaining sham democracies. - Toad
jimipresley
Taiwanease Deity

Has given kudos: 2580 times
Has gotten kudos: 1606 times

Postby TainanCowboy » Sun May 08, 2016 10:32

jimipresley wrote:
TainanCowboy wrote:By the way - Y'all need to check your own RASCIST comments on this thread. Quite uncalled for.
Sorry, what? :ponder:

Well ya got me on the misspelling.
Good Job! you earned your back-pat for today - MY mistake.
I corrected it IN CASE there was any question as to whay I was posting - RACIST is the correct word.

Once again, you are exceptional in your modulatory duties in catching misspellings and bad grammar...<golf clap>
The facts expressed here belong to everybody. The opinions are mine.
I don’t post political comments or articles to convince those who disagree with me,
I post them so that those who might agree with such positions will know they are not alone.
Some things are opinions and can be argued - some things are facts and cannot.
Proverbs, Chapter 16 verse 9 <--- When in doubt, remember this.
TainanCowboy
Taiwanease Royalty

Has given kudos: 793 times
Has gotten kudos: 489 times

Postby jimipresley » Sun May 08, 2016 10:36

I wasn't referring to your misspelling, which I hadn't even noticed.

I was referring to your absurd assertion.

How clever of you to take an orange and a dog biscuit and build a time machine. - Bunks

Some countries cultivate vast populations of idiots for the purpose of maintaining sham democracies. - Toad
jimipresley
Taiwanease Deity

Postby TainanCowboy » Sun May 08, 2016 11:07

English can be weird: It can be understood through tough thorough thought, though.... :grin:
I don’t post political comments or articles to convince those who disagree with me,
I post them so that those who might agree with such positions will know they are not alone.
TainanCowboy
Taiwanease Royalty

Postby jimipresley » Sun May 08, 2016 11:12

TainanCowboy wrote:English can be weird: It can be understood through tough thorough thought, though.... :grin:

That's hilarious. I fell off of my chair laughing.

Now show us the "racism".

It eludes me. Maybe I'm just a bit simple. :neutral:

jimipresley
Taiwanease Deity

Postby TainanCowboy » Sun May 08, 2016 11:23

jimipresley wrote:It eludes me. Maybe I'm just a bit simple. :neutral:

Far be it from me to disagree with your opinion of yerself.

Topic of thread:

Not many comments on the new Mayor, his background, what got him elected...ya know, the usual conversational topics associated with such a OT.
Just a lot of whining and SJW comments on off-topic terms and items. Many of which are quite "racist" under established protocol on this forum.
TainanCowboy
Taiwanease Royalty

Postby jimipresley » Sun May 08, 2016 11:34

TainanCowboy wrote:
jimipresley wrote:It eludes me. Maybe I'm just a bit simple. :neutral:

Far be it from me to disagree with your opinion of yerself.

Topic of thread:

Not many comments on the new Mayor, his background, what got him elected...ya know, the usual conversational topics associated with such a OT.
Just a lot of whining and SJW comments on off-topic terms and items. Many of which are quite "racist" under established protocol on this forum.

I'm sorry, but I don't see that. Could you perchance elaborate?

I mean, apart from your racist "Londonistan" comment.

jimipresley
Taiwanease Deity

Postby Bunks » Sun May 08, 2016 12:39

I'm not a social justice warrior. I am an individual who can't understand why we have no clue about the praying proclivities about current mayor Johnson, yet with Khan it seems to be all that is mentioned. I'm curious why a vote for Khan is an endorsement of some sort of evil.

I'm voting to leave Europe. I voted for Khan. Prior to that I voted for Johnson. Twice. At no point do religion or racism come in to any of those decisions. At no point do I think anyone else should have voted how I voted. I'm an individual, making individual choices.

Now, what's with the use of Londonistan? Why does the title of your thread mention the religious beliefs of the new Mayor?
Bunks
Taiwanease Aristocracy

Has given kudos: 202 times
Has gotten kudos: 338 times

Postby Hannibal » Sun May 08, 2016 19:00

Bunks wrote:I'm not a social justice warrior. I am an individual who can't understand why we have no clue about the praying proclivities about current mayor Johnson, yet with Khan it seems to be all that is mentioned. I'm curious why a vote for Khan is an endorsement of some sort of evil.

I'm voting to leave Europe. I voted for Khan. Prior to that I voted for Johnson. Twice. At no point do religion or racism come in to any of those decisions. At no point do I think anyone else should have voted how I voted. I'm an individual, making individual choices.

Now, what's with the use of Londonistan? Why does the title of your thread mention the religious beliefs of the new Mayor?

Because they're taking over, you knob. And they brown.
Na na na na hey hey
Hannibal
Taiwanease Royalty

Has given kudos: 58 times
Has gotten kudos: 454 times

Postby Bunks » Sun May 08, 2016 19:30

Im not a racist. Some of my best friends know brown people.
Bunks
Taiwanease Aristocracy

Postby Hannibal » Sun May 08, 2016 19:31

Bunks wrote:Im not a racist. Some of my best friends know brown people.

Me neither. And I work directly across the street from a woman who takes the bus.
Na na na na hey hey
Hannibal
Taiwanease Royalty

Has given kudos: 58 times
Has gotten kudos: 454 times

Postby TainanCowboy » Mon May 09, 2016 13:46

LOL...maybe this explains a bit of the "outrage and racism" comments on this thread - (just good little sheep following the script)
Breitbart London’s headline when Sadiq Khan was elected Mayor of London yesterday gets prominence in today’s edition of Britain’s Telegraph newspaper.
In the belief that American conservatives are strange enough to be newsworthy in themselves, the paper dedicates a whole article to how U.S. websites reported Mr Khan’s election.
The first “influential right-wing website” the paper mentions is of course Breitbart, highlighting how the site led with the portmanteau “LondonisKhan”, derivation of the ‘Londonistan’ moniker handed to the British capital by author Melanie Phillips.
The author, David Millward, asserts the headline is an American reaction, when it was in fact a Breitbart London headline written by the site’s UK team, based just minutes away from the Houses of Parliament in Westminster.

full piece at Telegraph Freaks Out Over Breitbart and Drudge ‘LondonisKhan’ Headlines

Note that this thread did NOT use the "LondonisKhan" play-on-words.

And in other Brit news:

London’s Iconic Red Buses To Declare ‘Glory To Allah’
Good for them - To the winnahs go the spoils!

And in a nice move - London’s New Muslim Mayor Planned Cathedral Swearing In Ceremony In Break With City Hall Tradition
(excert)
London’s new mayor Sadiq Khan personally chose Southwark Cathedral as a venue for his swearing in ceremony on Saturday, claiming that he wanted to be “surrounded by Londoners of all backgrounds”.

The mayor – who has been dogged by claims that he is an Islamist sympathiser – took to the 1000-year-old Christian venue yesterday to declare: “We are here in Southwark Cathedral because I want to start this mayoralty as I intend to go on.

“I am determined to lead the most transparent, engaged and accessible administration that London has ever seen – and to represent every single community and every single part of our city – as Mayor for all Londoners.

“So I wanted to do this signing-in ceremony here, in the heart of London, surrounded by Londoners of all backgrounds.”
TainanCowboy
Taiwanease Royalty

Postby Bunks » Tue May 10, 2016 13:43

Maybe you need to move, or get a hobby. This predictable shit slinging is doing you no favours.
Bunks
Taiwanease Aristocracy

Postby Mick » Tue May 10, 2016 14:21

Never heard of the term Londonistan before, more confusing than anything because my mind was wondering if they were for some reason talking about Londinium or the City of London which has its own Mayor and is different to the Mayor of London.

Anyway, saw him on TV in an acceptance speech and seemed like a decent enough sort. I heard the opposition ran a campaign with Islamophobia as part of it's reasoning not to elect him. From what I know about him (which is limited) he has fought for gay rights in the UK. The only Islamic group that concerns me is the extreme ideology of the Wahhabi type of thinking that Saudi Arabia is promoting. If he's pro gay rights, he is not of that mindset, simple as that, those two ideologies can't exist in the same person.

If I was back in London, very likely I would have voted for him myself.
Mick
Taiwanease Gentry

Has given kudos: 122 times
Has gotten kudos: 187 times

Postby sandman » Tue May 10, 2016 15:34

So, TC. YOU raised the topic. So what do YOU see as his policies? How do those policies pertain to Islam? How come he won, do YOU think?
sandman
Taiwanease Royalty

Has given kudos: 317 times
Has gotten kudos: 845 times

PreviousNext

Return to International Politics & General Political Discussion