Teething and Weaning

Have questions about children's health issues? Ask here - chances are someone's been through it already.

Moderator: Just Jennifer

Teething gel and gripe water

Postby Lisa » Wed Aug 25, 2004 22:25

Does anyone know where I can buy teething gel (Dentinox) and gripe water? Our stocks we brought from home are running low.
Thanks
Lisa
Lisa
38 posts? I'm a bimbo, baby!

Has given kudos: 0 time
Has gotten kudos: 0 time

Postby Anonymous » Sat Sep 04, 2004 20:28

Hi Lisa,

Are u based in Taipei?
I am going to Taipei end of Sep and perhaps can bring some for you if you still cannot find them as I did not see any replies to your question.

I am not sure about Dentinox(need to check) but I know gripe water (woodwood brand??)

I can understand how frustrating not being able to find the items one is familiar with...in some cases, even the brand makes a difference especially when it comes to food, the taste can be very different.

Let me know......

Mia
Anonymous

Postby Lisa » Sat Sep 04, 2004 21:46

Wow, thanks for the offer, I'm based in Jingmei in the South of Taipei. My Mum is sending loads of dentinox, but if you are ever in the area Gripe water would be great. Thanks again. Please don't put yourself out as we are managing without, it seems as he gets older he get less gassy.
Thanks again Lisa
Lisa

Postby Anonymous » Sun Sep 05, 2004 20:46

Don't mention it...Lisa

Come nearer my departure date I will confirm with you again if u still see the need to have it.

If u can drop me an email(miamia_2004@yahoo.com) for your email address, I can send you a picture of the gripe water to ensure that I have the same as what you want.

I stay at Xinyi and perhaps we can meet halfway for me to pass the item to you. I often go out to do grocery or hv a short outing w my kid so if it is on the way, no issue.

I don't think 2 bottles will take much lugguage space for me so again no issue...it is to give u time to find out where u can buy it if u still need it later.

There is no need to thank me really cos I hope that one day when I need that kind of help, God will send it my way too.... :D

Mia :)
Anonymous

Postby Lisa » Sun Sep 05, 2004 21:39

I know that brand and it's great. Xinyi is fine for me as Edward and I like to go to Playspace at the weekend. Thanks again
Lisa

Postby Anonymous » Mon Sep 06, 2004 20:02

Ok then...will get in touch again. If there is any other small items u need urgently and cannot find, let me know again, u hv my email so u can drop me a note as I may not view the forum daily but I check mail when i get a break from my girl.

Mia
Anonymous

teething

Postby coll » Mon Sep 18, 2006 13:17

Max is not sleeping much for his naps the last week, only 40min-1.20hr and is crying more easily than usual and today he keeps batting at his ear-does anyone know if this could be teething signs, or ear infection??
coll
Taiwanease Gentry

teething

Postby ajsmom » Mon Sep 18, 2006 20:18

Coll, could be either, depending on a few things. Is he stuffed up in the nose or have drainage? Fever? Those would suggest getting him checked for his ears. Justin had a double infection and I didn't realize it until the fever hit because he was stuffed up and did not run at the nose.':cry:' If you do not think he's any of the above, try a few teething tricks like frozen wet wash cloths to suck on and/or rubbing his gums with a cold cloth. If you have any infant pain reliever that would help for the night time if it's teething!

If you doubt at all, it is worth going to get him checked just to give you a peace of mind!
Melinda, mom to Aaron and Justin
ajsmom
Taiwanease Gentry

Postby angie » Mon Sep 18, 2006 20:50

I was going to say the same. Fever? Recent cold or cough?

He is nine monthd old now right? Does he have any other teeth yet? Can you look in his mouth and see any bumps on the gums or red swollen spots?

Even for an ear infection I thik the advice now is to wait and see nayways. Don't to give unnessecary anti-biotics.

Now is a good time to use the baby Tylenol I gave you!
Taipei Doula Services http://www.beautifulbeginnings.com.tw
Certified Childbirth Educator, Certified Birth Doula

www.parentsplace.com.tw
An activity center for kids, parents and parents-to-be
angie
Taiwanease Gentry

Has given kudos: 4 times
Has gotten kudos: 15 times

teething

Postby coll » Tue Sep 19, 2006 21:02

Tahnks guys, no he doesn't seem to have any stuffiness and he (dare I say it)has never had a cold so I'm thinking it must be the teething. Anyway I gave him some Tylonol(thanks Angie!) last night before bed and he slept well and was better today-although a little grumpy this afternoon. We went to Kindermusic which is great fun for him but as I w3as afraid has put his naps out doing things in the morning(which at the moment I feel is more for my sanity) and so he only sleeps one hr from 9.30am-630pm all day so I guess grumpy is to be expected.!!
coll
Taiwanease Gentry

Teething--HELP!!

Postby ~Michele~ » Tue Jan 16, 2007 19:59

Brendan's tooth finally pop up!! :D BUT he's been crying or rather wailing uncontrollably and not sleeping well at all!! heartbreaking.. :cry: have tried his teething ring(frozen), teething gel... nothing seems to work... HELP!! just sleepless nites for us and him... poor baby!! :(

Can anyone pls advise us... Thanks!!
~Michele~
Taiwanease Gentry

Postby asiababy » Tue Jan 16, 2007 23:17

Michele,
Kyle slept on my chest, facedown, for many nights when he was teething. Seemed the only comfortable position for him. And some other moms said the only thing that worked was child painkiller, like tylenol or panadol.
Visit my blog www.kidzone-tw.com, to find out about family-friendly events and spaces around Taiwan.
asiababy
Taiwanease Gentry

Has given kudos: 1 time
Has gotten kudos: 70 times

Postby Just Jennifer » Wed Jan 17, 2007 16:56

Nursing seemed to help for my kids except sometimes it got uncomfortable for me... :?
Make magical, musical memories with your child at Kindermusik with Jennifer Joy
[url]http://www.fb.com/kmjoytaiwan[/url]
Just Jennifer
Taiwanease Aristocracy

Has given kudos: 1846 times
Has gotten kudos: 320 times

Postby ~Michele~ » Wed Jan 17, 2007 18:13

OUCH.. i'm sore n cracked!! went out and bought medela shields and purelan!! guess it's the friction against his tooth!! :(
~Michele~
Taiwanease Gentry

Postby Just Jennifer » Thu Jan 18, 2007 00:02

~Michele~ wrote:OUCH.. i'm sore n cracked!! went out and bought medela shields and purelan!! guess it's the friction against his tooth!! :(

Poor thing, don't forget to air out those nipples (don't worry--we're all grownups here :lol: ) and be sure you have the right size of nipple shield. Tomorrow if we have time I'll tell you my scary nipple shield story...
Make magical, musical memories with your child at Kindermusik with Jennifer Joy
[url]http://www.fb.com/kmjoytaiwan[/url]
Just Jennifer
Taiwanease Aristocracy

Has given kudos: 1846 times
Has gotten kudos: 320 times

PreviousNext

Return to Children's Health