Pediatric Dentists

Have questions about children's health issues? Ask here - chances are someone's been through it already.

Moderator: Just Jennifer

Re: Recommendations for Ped. Dentist?

Postby Michelle » Tue Aug 25, 2009 20:46

Hello,

Can you please tell me if the Apple Dentist takes the NHI card, or if you have to pay instead. If so, how much is it per visit.

Thanks,
Michelle
Michelle
Taiwanease Gentry

Has given kudos: 0 time
Has gotten kudos: 0 time

Postby NYCBabies » Thu Sep 03, 2009 20:42

Hi,

We haven't yet taken our son to the dentist yet but I spoke with a friend who told us that Apple Dentistry doesn't take NHI. It can add up depending on what procedures are being done. She said it was NT$700 for first consultation, several thousand for cleaning, applying fluoride and taking a set of X-rays. Sealants per molar are $2600 per tooth. But it could be worth it given how good of a reputation Dr. Tsai has. My husband found some pediatric dentists near us who take NHI so we may end up trying one of them. I will post if we have a good or bad experience.

Vivian
NYCBabies
Taiwanease Gentry

Postby divea » Thu Sep 03, 2009 21:15

The Taipei Medical Univ.also has a superb team of all English speaking pediatric dentists. They have cutting edge technology and equipment coz they are a teaching hospital....we go to adventist for everything else but for the ped. dentists, we like this place. Lots of give aways to kids, little mirrors for them to see the goings on and competent docs and nurses.
divea
Taiwanease Deity

Has given kudos: 1317 times
Has gotten kudos: 705 times

Postby Michelle » Thu Sep 03, 2009 21:45

Hi Divya,

Can you please post directions or an address to this hospital if possible.

Re Apple Dentistry: A friend just took her 3 year old daughter to Apple Dentists on Tuesday. She said it cost her about 2000NT but was totally worth it because of the care she received.

I also got recommended (twice last week) the Ped Dentist in Zhongshan N Road, Section 7 (in the gated community just past California Fitness). Both my friends have had great experiences there.
Michelle
Taiwanease Gentry

Postby divea » Fri Sep 04, 2009 08:23

Michelle, this hospital is about 5 mins away from 101. I just know that from the World trade centre you walk straight down and reach the markets and atthe end of the markets is taipei medical Univ.

The website is in english and has directions, bus routes and a MAP that is 'understandable' for a change coz it is in English :D

http://www.tmch.org.tw/tmuh%20english/index.htm

Try making an appointment before you go, but you could also just land up like we did!

Take care
Divs
divea
Taiwanease Deity

Has given kudos: 1317 times
Has gotten kudos: 705 times

Family dentist recommendation

Postby eseitz » Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:50

Hello: We've been in Taiwan 9 months - it's definitely time for a trip to the dentist. I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good family dentist preferably not too far from Shilin/Tianmu area who accepts NHI. Thanks!

Emily
eseitz
Taiwanease Gentry

Previous

Return to Children's Health