Looking for a good Taipei hospital for childbirth

What is going to happen to me over the next nine months? What is it like to be pregnant in Taiwan? Pregnancy questions, birth stories and other topics relevant to this special time in your life.

Moderator: Just Jennifer

Looking for a good Taipei hospital for childbirth

Postby Juliak » Mon Feb 27, 2012 14:58

Original Title: Need advise...:-)Having 1.st Baby in june in Taipei???

Dear all,

As my husband will be transferred to Taipei, we will be moving end of april from Singapore. We are having our first baby end of june and now I am a little bit concerned as I have no clue where to find a good hospital, which gyneocologist are good and so on. Everything was settled here in Singapore and now I am feeling a bit lost as I don't know where to start... :cry:
I heard about Adventist hospital and Musoon women's clinic. I would like to have a private room where my husband can stay as well, definitely want him around while giving birth (heard that in some hospitals men are not allowed in labour room), western oriented doctor and english speaking staff, if possible a intensive care(just in case) for babies at the hospital. I would be really happy if some of you could give me any advice. It would help me so much and make the move a lot easier for me...

Thanks a lot! :heart:

Julia
Juliak
Learning the ropes

Has given kudos: 0 time
Has gotten kudos: 0 time

Re: Looking for a good Taipei hospital for childbirth

Postby angie » Mon Feb 27, 2012 19:35

Hi Julia,

I can recommend doctors and hospitals but it depends opn what you are looking for. Do you want a hospital that's close to where you are living? Do you where that may be? Are you hoping for a natural childbirth? Do you like a doctor that is flexible or a take charge type? Male or female preference?
Taipei Doula Services http://www.beautifulbeginnings.com.tw
Certified Childbirth Educator, Certified Birth Doula

www.parentsplace.com.tw
An activity center for kids, parents and parents-to-be
angie
Taiwanease Gentry

Has given kudos: 4 times
Has gotten kudos: 15 times

Postby Juliak » Mon Feb 27, 2012 19:57

Hi Angie,

Thank you for your reply. As we don't know where we are moving exactly (probably Wellington heights) the location of the hospital is not that important for me.
I would like to have the baby by natural birth- if possible;-) I don't mind having a male or female doctor- as long as they are a bit "western orientated" and english speaking.
What is really important to me is the hospital, I would like to stay in a private single room, where my husband can stay as well and is able to be with me while giving birth. I want to spend time with the baby after birth (at least a few minutes) and don't want them to take it away immediately. If possible baby intensive care station within the hospital.

We will probably come to Taipei next week for 4 days and I would love to see some of the hospitals....

Thanks a lot for your help!
Juliak
Learning the ropes

Has given kudos: 0 time

Postby Tekko » Sun Apr 22, 2012 21:28

@all: Anyone can recommend hospitals for childbirth in Hsinchu? I'm sure if the baby comes too early, we won't be able to make it to Taipei...

@Julia:

I haven't had a baby in Taiwan myself (yet) but I read some thread in this forum before, where women said, it was really nice at that clinic:

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=3008
Tekko
Taiwanease Gentry

Has given kudos: 5 times

Postby belgian pie » Mon Apr 23, 2012 15:40

The Cheng Hsin General Hospital in Beitou/Tianmu has a separate building with maternity ward. The hospital is excellent, don't know about the maternity ward. But call them and go have a look. They have private rooms and I believe with balcony.

belgian pie
Taiwanease Gentry

Has given kudos: 1 time
Has gotten kudos: 18 times

Return to Pregnancy & Childbirth