Time to lose weight.

Find medical, health and fitness related resources in Taiwan. Discussions on wide ranging issues from basic health questions to fitness training and diet through to major surgery.

Moderator: jimipresley

Re: Time to lose weight.

Postby Kal El » Fri Nov 23, 2018 22:37

maoman wrote:
Toad wrote:Maoman has sort of figured it all out from scratch (and TBH got a few details wrong) but there is an established protocol for doing what he did, and it's much easier if you do it by the book.

That's pretty accurate. I went about it haphazardly, trial and error, finding out what works and what doesn't. I know I'm not doing it exactly right. My fitness regimen is also flawed. A friend who is a serious fitness buff was amazed at what I'm doing, but mostly amazed that I could keep it up, because it's not the most efficient way towards fitness.

The number one reason I'm succeeding now is that I'm not stopping. I figure as long as I don't quit, I'll still do ok, it's just a question of to what degree.

Also, I'm now comfortably in my 85s (kgs) and all my pants have a 32 waistline. My XL shirts are all like tents on me now, and even my neck size is down. :smile:

You're doing well, bud. Just start packing on some muscle now. :thumbsup:
Don't talk to me about naval tradition. It's nothing but rum, sodomy and the lash.
Sir Winston Churchill

Heathen filth, the lot of you.
Dr Kurt Langstrom

人不可貌相,海水不可斗量

These users gave kudos to the author Kal El for the post:
Toad (Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:28)
Kal El
Taiwanease Deity

Has given kudos: 1231 times
Has gotten kudos: 1159 times

Postby Icon » Sat Nov 24, 2018 22:37

I am really unhappy as I cannot follow through. Every time I appreciate my goal I get sick and the antibiotics mess up my diet. Sigh.
"Lo urgente no deja tiempo para lo importante". Mafalda
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Eat the delicious food. Walk in the sunshine. Jump in the ocean. Say the truth that you’re carrying in your heart like hidden treasure. Be silly. Be kind. Be weird. There’s no time for anything else
Icon
Taiwanease Deity

Has given kudos: 616 times
Has gotten kudos: 856 times

Postby Kal El » Sat Nov 24, 2018 23:46

Icon wrote:I am really unhappy as I cannot follow through. Every time I appreciate my goal I get sick and the antibiotics mess up my diet. Sigh.

I'm similar. I am really unhappy as I cannot follow through. Every time I appreciate my goal I get sick and the beer messes up my diet. Sigh. :idunno:
Don't talk to me about naval tradition. It's nothing but rum, sodomy and the lash.
Sir Winston Churchill

Heathen filth, the lot of you.
Dr Kurt Langstrom

人不可貌相,海水不可斗量
Kal El
Taiwanease Deity

Has given kudos: 1231 times
Has gotten kudos: 1159 times

Postby Big Vern » Sat Jan 05, 2019 21:19

This woman lost a lot:

https://www.theguardian.com/society/201 ... s-debunked

I don't totally agree with all her conclusions, but in general she makes some sound points.

These users gave kudos to the author Big Vern for the post:
Kal El (Sun Jan 06, 2019 09:02)
Big Vern
Taiwanease Deity

Has given kudos: 564 times
Has gotten kudos: 912 times

Postby Dragonbones » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:18

I have gotten stuck in a rut, at the same weight for a few years, after having successfully lost (and kept off) 22 kg (I'm now around 74 kg). Next I'm going to try cutting out all alcohol. That should count for a few calories and will be better for my liver anyway.
“To cook for the pleasure of it, to devote a portion of our leisure to it, is to declare our independence from the corporations seeking to organize our every waking moment into yet another occasion for consumption." --Michael Pollan

These users gave kudos to the author Dragonbones for the post:
Just Jennifer (Fri Jan 11, 2019 02:19)
Dragonbones
Taiwanease Deity

Has given kudos: 538 times
Has gotten kudos: 1061 times

Postby jameschan88 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 21:55

Good for you, keeping off 22kg is no easy task. :orz: I have been fluctuating into +/- 5 kg range, can't seem get below my "psychological" 70 kg.

Dragonbones wrote:I have gotten stuck in a rut, at the same weight for a few years, after having successfully lost (and kept off) 22 kg (I'm now around 74 kg). Next I'm going to try cutting out all alcohol. That should count for a few calories and will be better for my liver anyway.
jameschan88
Taiwanease Gentry

Has given kudos: 0 time
Has gotten kudos: 0 time

Previous

Return to Health & Fitness