Facepalms on Facebook

Welcome to the Open Forum - the discussion forum for topics that don't quite fit anywhere else. Fair warning: Posts may be moved at the moderators' discretion to a more appropriate forum. Posts that are especially silly will probably end up in either the Fun and Games Forum or the Flounder Forum.

Moderator: jimipresley

Re: Facepalms on Facebook

Postby Big Vern » Wed Apr 11, 2018 23:23

Kal El wrote:
Big Vern wrote:
Kal El wrote:
Big Vern wrote:They are taking information about me and using it to make lots of money.

Good luck with my info. From Krypton, living in Smallville, previously worked for Star Fleet, and graduated from Star Fleet Academy and the Vulcan Science Instritute. :roflmao:

Well, now the Man knows who you are. Good luck with finding a phone booth. In fact, that's probably why they've got rid of them.

I use elevators and stairwells these days. So ... :idunno: Whatevs.

Get back to me when you've figured out correct underpant usage.
Big Vern
Taiwanease Deity

Has given kudos: 556 times
Has gotten kudos: 883 times

Postby Kal El » Thu Apr 12, 2018 08:03

Big Vern wrote:
Kal El wrote:
Big Vern wrote:
Kal El wrote:
Big Vern wrote:They are taking information about me and using it to make lots of money.

Good luck with my info. From Krypton, living in Smallville, previously worked for Star Fleet, and graduated from Star Fleet Academy and the Vulcan Science Instritute. :roflmao:

Well, now the Man knows who you are. Good luck with finding a phone booth. In fact, that's probably why they've got rid of them.

I use elevators and stairwells these days. So ... :idunno: Whatevs.

Get back to me when you've figured out correct underpant usage.

Dude! Have you not seen my recent movies?
Don't talk to me about naval tradition. It's nothing but rum, sodomy and the lash.
Sir Winston Churchill

Heathen filth, the lot of you.
Dr Kurt Langstrom

人不可貌相,海水不可斗量
Kal El
Taiwanease Deity

Has given kudos: 1206 times
Has gotten kudos: 1145 times

Postby Kal El » Wed May 16, 2018 12:48

Original Post wrote:I thought that I'd have tasted some pretty horrible medicine in my lifetime...not until I started taking Chinese medicine. Wow, this stuff is pretty awful tasting...but it is all natural and probably healthier than popping sleeping tablets. Let's hope this helps with my bad sleeping.

Random Comment wrote: Congratulations, you've become more Taiwanese than Taiwanese. We need you here on this island :smile: :smile: :smile:

:facepalm:
Don't talk to me about naval tradition. It's nothing but rum, sodomy and the lash.
Sir Winston Churchill

Dr Kurt Langstrom

人不可貌相,海水不可斗量
Kal El
Taiwanease Deity

Postby Icon » Thu May 17, 2018 00:01

Please no one tell him what is inside that powder...more Western medicine than he can handle. Ayioo.

The reply is..epic.
"Lo urgente no deja tiempo para lo importante". Mafalda
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Eat the delicious food. Walk in the sunshine. Jump in the ocean. Say the truth that you’re carrying in your heart like hidden treasure. Be silly. Be kind. Be weird. There’s no time for anything else

These users gave kudos to the author Icon for the post:
Kal El (Thu May 17, 2018 07:27)
Icon
Taiwanease Deity

Has given kudos: 590 times
Has gotten kudos: 855 times

Postby jimipresley » Sat May 19, 2018 09:13

I was having a look through my "memories" on Facebook, and worked out where so many of my "unfriends" come from. People get really upset when you ask them why they are wishing a celebrity (who isn't their Facebook friend and won't see their post) "happy birthday". :grin:
Do you ever listen to yourself? - maoman

How clever of you to take an orange and a dog biscuit and build a time machine. - Bunks

Some countries cultivate vast populations of idiots for the purpose of maintaining sham democracies. - Toad
jimipresley
Taiwanease Deity

Has given kudos: 2526 times
Has gotten kudos: 1552 times

Postby Kal El » Sat May 19, 2018 09:23

jimipresley wrote:I was having a look through my "memories" on Facebook, and worked out where so many of my "unfriends" come from. People get really upset when you ask them why they are wishing a celebrity (who isn't their Facebook friend and won't see their post) "happy birthday". :grin:

I don't get why that upsets people, but I guess the reason people post wishing celebrities "happy birthday" is likely the same reason people post celebrity deaths with "RIP" etc. It's more an announcement to their friends that someone they like or admire is having a birthday or just died and it somehow emotionally affects them. :idunno:
Sir Winston Churchill

Dr Kurt Langstrom

人不可貌相,海水不可斗量
Kal El
Taiwanease Deity

Previous

Return to Open Forum