Donald Trump's offences

For domestic American politics only. For political issues with direct international implications, please post in the International Politics forum.

Re: Donald Trump's offences

Postby Big Vern » Fri Mar 31, 2017 09:56

Michael Flynn's willing to sing if given immunity:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-39451358

Shit and fan time.
Big Vern
Taiwanease Deity

Has given kudos: 564 times
Has gotten kudos: 913 times

Postby jimipresley » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:59

Oooooh he's going to snitch! :grin:
Do you ever listen to yourself? - maoman

How clever of you to take an orange and a dog biscuit and build a time machine. - Bunks

Some countries cultivate vast populations of idiots for the purpose of maintaining sham democracies. - Toad
jimipresley
Taiwanease Deity

Has given kudos: 2564 times
Has gotten kudos: 1596 times

Postby Big Vern » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:08

jimipresley wrote:Oooooh he's going to snitch! :grin:

It's really exciting.

I assume there's enough evidence now for him to go down, so he's looking to save his own skin.
Big Vern
Taiwanease Deity

Postby TainanCowboy » Sun Apr 02, 2017 08:28

Keep it in your pants O ye of the anti-TRUMP cabal:

Michael Flynn did not initially reveal income from Russia-related entities on his personal financial disclosure

Michael Flynn Failed to Disclose Income From Russia-Linked Entities

A good video explanation of the FLynn issue:

The Media’s Obsession With Michael Flynn

The stark division that is playing out in every corner of politics right now is on full display in the main stream media's coverage of the Mike Flynn Russia investigations.

The media's coverage of the Flynn news is "breathless" and top Democrat leaders are wasting no time using the Flynn developments to fuel more speculation against President Trump.

All of a sudden, everyone in Washington is an investigative reporter.
The facts expressed here belong to everybody. The opinions are mine.
I don’t post political comments or articles to convince those who disagree with me,
I post them so that those who might agree with such positions will know they are not alone.
Some things are opinions and can be argued - some things are facts and cannot.
Proverbs, Chapter 16 verse 9 <--- When in doubt, remember this.
TainanCowboy
Taiwanease Royalty

Has given kudos: 793 times
Has gotten kudos: 489 times

Postby Bubbha » Wed Apr 05, 2017 19:31

Taiwanese travelers to the U.S. could face "extreme vetting"; Measures likely to apply to visitors from 38 visa waiver countries

http://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/3133543

I have no kind words whatsoever for Trump supporters.
Bubbha
Taiwanease Gentry

Has given kudos: 158 times
Has gotten kudos: 271 times

Postby Toad » Wed Apr 05, 2017 19:52

Bubbha wrote:Taiwanese travelers to the U.S. could face "extreme vetting"; Measures likely to apply to visitors from 38 visa waiver countries

http://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/3133543

Wouldn't this require hiring a whole bunch of bottom inspectors security staff at airports and whatnot? There'd be hordes of them. And you'd have to vet them first to make sure they're not Enemies of the State. Perhaps there will be an exam:

1) Imagine you have a latex glove and three Muslims. Describe correct security screening procedure on one (1) page of A4.
2) Write a short essay on your favorite Rush Limbaugh polemic. You may ask the test administrator to help with long words.
3) Environmentalists: is the death penalty too good for them? Discuss.
Toad
Taiwanease Aristocracy

Has given kudos: 1012 times
Has gotten kudos: 711 times

Postby TainanCowboy » Thu Apr 06, 2017 09:46

And in the interest of accuracy and actual facts - here is the complete referenced article:
TAIPEI (Taiwan News) – Citizens of 38 countries including Taiwan could have to hand over social-media passwords and face questions about their ideology upon arrival in the United States if the Trump Administration has its way, reports said Wednesday.

The measure is being considered by senior officials in the government of President Donald Trump and would apply to visitors from many countries that have visa waivers for the U.S., according to a report by the Wall Street Journal.

Customs officials could ask arrivals to hand over their smartphones to check them for stored contacts, while they would also request social-media handles and passwords in order to review privately posted information.

Critics say the measure might quickly lose its effect since visitors with something to hide will either delete all the relevant information or buy a separate burner phone before traveling to the U.S.

A second measure considered by Trump Administration officials is an ideological test, with questions about the visitor’s opinions on the role of women in society, honor killings, and legitimate targets in military operations, according to the Wall Street Journal article by Laura Meckler.

The list of countries whose citizens could face “extreme vetting” also included Japan, Germany, France and Great Britain.

Foreign visitors applying for visas to the U.S. would also face more questions about their intentions and beliefs, which could lead to more work for embassy employees overseas, reports said.

- I shall alert the appropriate media of your displeasure with the possibilities presented.... :lol:
The facts expressed here belong to everybody. The opinions are mine.
I don’t post political comments or articles to convince those who disagree with me,
I post them so that those who might agree with such positions will know they are not alone.
Some things are opinions and can be argued - some things are facts and cannot.
Proverbs, Chapter 16 verse 9 <--- When in doubt, remember this.
TainanCowboy
Taiwanease Royalty

Has given kudos: 793 times
Has gotten kudos: 489 times

Postby Big Vern » Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:40

I love the "PREMIUM SCREENING" line.

Any chance of an upgrade to premium? :lol:
Big Vern
Taiwanease Deity

Postby ThreadKiller » Thu Aug 31, 2017 00:04

We've given up recording them, haven't we. Absolute egocentric asshole.
"Sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here." (Melvin Udall)
ThreadKiller
Taiwanease Royalty

Has given kudos: 1710 times
Has gotten kudos: 911 times

Postby Big Vern » Thu Aug 31, 2017 00:40

He's not getting a great turnout here. Somebody needs to get fired.
Big Vern
Taiwanease Deity

Postby Kal El » Thu Aug 31, 2017 08:58

Big Vern wrote:He's not getting a great turnout here. Somebody needs to get fired.

According to him there are 15000 people having a positive discussion of his presidency on this 35 page thread. :grin:
Don't talk to me about naval tradition. It's nothing but rum, sodomy and the lash.
Sir Winston Churchill

Heathen filth, the lot of you.
Dr Kurt Langstrom

人不可貌相,海水不可斗量
Kal El
Taiwanease Deity

Has given kudos: 1231 times
Has gotten kudos: 1159 times

Postby cfimages » Thu Aug 31, 2017 09:17

And despite everything, he'll quite likely get re-elected in 2020. So this thread can have another 7 1/2 years of life.
cfimages
Taiwanease Royalty

Has given kudos: 705 times
Has gotten kudos: 939 times

Postby Kal El » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:00

cfimages wrote:And despite everything, he'll quite likely get re-elected in 2020. So this thread can have another 7 1/2 years of life.

Might be time to dump Facebook until 2025.
Don't talk to me about naval tradition. It's nothing but rum, sodomy and the lash.
Sir Winston Churchill

Heathen filth, the lot of you.
Dr Kurt Langstrom

人不可貌相,海水不可斗量
Kal El
Taiwanease Deity

Has given kudos: 1231 times
Has gotten kudos: 1159 times

Anti-president Trump

Postby Winston Smith » Thu Aug 31, 2017 20:56

I like Donald Trump as president and wish him many more years in office. He's completely fucking up the job of president, which is primarily to serve the special interests who paid for his or her election and to buy votes by keeping the troughs full with other people's money, so as long as he's in office I'm relatively safe from the usual presidential mischief.
Winston Smith
Taiwanease Gentry

Has given kudos: 10 times
Has gotten kudos: 50 times

Postby Big Vern » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:39

Now the Republicans and their donors have got the tax hand-out they always wanted, there is no reason for them to support Trump. The tax cuts are already unpopular, but what happens when the poorer Trump voters see how little they are gaining and how many benefits they are going to lose as the govt. tries to balance the books? They may finally realise that they've been conned and look for someone to blame for their situation and decisions other than immigrants, liberals, homosexuals etc.

If this makes the Republicans unelectable and all the new voters that Trump brought in desert him, then he becomes the perfect scape goat for the Republican old guard.
Big Vern
Taiwanease Deity

PreviousNext

Return to American (Domestic) Politics