WCIF An Eglish speaking builder in Taipei?

Discussions about how to find those things that are not immediately obvious

Moderator: Dragonbones

Forum rules
1) Please search before posting. Note that you should also search content-relevant forums (like Food & Drink for those items, and not just WCIF). If there is a content-relevant forum, the thread should be there, not here.

2) Please append your request to an existing thread if you find a stale one, rather than starting a new one.

3) Please post separately for each search item, not one thread for "olives and sour cream". Two threads, one for each. This makes it much easier for the moderator to merge your thread with an existing one, if any.

Of course, if you still can't find what you're looking for, please do feel free to post, and we'll do our very best to help you find what you need. If you have any trouble using the search function or the forum, please don't hesitate to send a PM (private message) to the Where Can I find...? moderator (right now, that's me, Dragonbones) asking for help. Happy posting!

WCIF An Eglish speaking builder in Taipei?

Postby Taipei Chris » Wed Apr 05, 2017 17:30

I'm being given the runaround by a Taiwanese building firm.

My Taiwanese wife won't get tough with them or relay my threats of legal action and physical violence.

We still owe them a final payment for the unsatisfactory work that they've done and they're never going to see a penny of it if I get my way!

I want to find a builder I can communicate with in English, let them put the job right and deduct the cost from the money we still owe the original cowboys. Only trouble is, I can't find an English speaking builder...

Any recommendations?
Taipei Chris
Taiwanease Gentry

Has given kudos: 3 times
Has gotten kudos: 5 times

Re: WCIF An Eglish speaking builder in Taipei?

Postby sandman » Wed Apr 05, 2017 17:41

Taipei Chris wrote:My Taiwanese wife won't get tough with them or relay my threats of legal action and physical violence.

You can afford legal action? You're hard enough to beat up an entire local firm by yourself? And limber enough to spend the rest of your time here looking over your shoulder, for yourself, your wife, your business? Trust your wife. And selling meat outside MRT stations? Are you quite sure that's absolutely legal and you have every scrap of required paperwork? Because those cowboy builders WILL know.
I know a very good English-speaking cabinet-maker, but not sure what kind of builder you need. I'll show him this thread, but be warned -- threats of legal action and physical violence are likely to make him disinclined to touch you with a barge-pole. Plus, its a Taiwanese company, but you (presumably) don't speak enough Chinese to get your point across in the way you intended, so who's to say its their work that's unsatisfactory and not your communication skills?
sandman
Taiwanease Royalty

Has given kudos: 317 times
Has gotten kudos: 845 times

Postby Taipei Chris » Wed Apr 05, 2017 18:15

sandman wrote:
Taipei Chris wrote:My Taiwanese wife won't get tough with them or relay my threats of legal action and physical violence.

You can afford legal action? You're hard enough to beat up an entire local firm by yourself? And limber enough to spend the rest of your time here looking over your shoulder, for yourself, your wife, your business? Trust your wife. And selling meat outside MRT stations? Are you quite sure that's absolutely legal and you have every scrap of required paperwork? Because those cowboy builders WILL know.
I know a very good English-speaking cabinet-maker, but not sure what kind of builder you need. I'll show him this thread, but be warned -- threats of legal action and physical violence are likely to make him disinclined to touch you with a barge-pole. Plus, its a Taiwanese company, but you (presumably) don't speak enough Chinese to get your point across in the way you intended, so who's to say its their work that's unsatisfactory and not your communication skills?

Is he 'Halal' certified?

These users gave kudos to the author Taipei Chris for the post (total 3):
jimipresley (Wed Apr 05, 2017 20:49) • John Ross (Wed Apr 05, 2017 18:23) • Big Vern (Wed Apr 05, 2017 18:16)
Taipei Chris
Taiwanease Gentry

Has given kudos: 3 times
Has gotten kudos: 5 times

Postby Just Jennifer » Thu Apr 06, 2017 00:14

There's a guy on Facebook with a page called "Any Asshole Can Do It." I guess it depends on what you want done.

And Sandman's been here a long time. Run what he's said by your wife and see what she says.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Make magical, musical memories with your child at Kindermusik with Jennifer Joy
[url]http://www.fb.com/kmjoytaiwan[/url]
Just Jennifer
Taiwanease Aristocracy

Has given kudos: 1851 times
Has gotten kudos: 323 times

Postby TainanCowboy » Sun Apr 09, 2017 18:07

If you are still looking, you might shoot an email to this gentleman:

ugo.ortolano@pizzarock.com.tw

He has developed quite a successful business in Taiwan and has done lot of remodeling/construction with his shops here.
Might be able to offer some positive suggestions or referrals.

I do not know him and have no connection to him or his businesses.

A bit of background:

http://www.pizzarock.com.tw/about-pizza ... aiwan.html
The facts expressed here belong to everybody. The opinions are mine.
I don’t post political comments or articles to convince those who disagree with me,
I post them so that those who might agree with such positions will know they are not alone.
Some things are opinions and can be argued - some things are facts and cannot.
Proverbs, Chapter 16 verse 9 <--- When in doubt, remember this.

These users gave kudos to the author TainanCowboy for the post:
Taipei Chris (Sun Apr 09, 2017 18:21)
TainanCowboy
Taiwanease Royalty

Has given kudos: 793 times
Has gotten kudos: 489 times

Return to Where can I find...?