Freelance Chinese to English translator (native English speaker)

Discussions about how to find those things that are not immediately obvious

Moderator: Dragonbones

Forum rules
1) Please search before posting. Note that you should also search content-relevant forums (like Food & Drink for those items, and not just WCIF). If there is a content-relevant forum, the thread should be there, not here.

2) Please append your request to an existing thread if you find a stale one, rather than starting a new one.

3) Please post separately for each search item, not one thread for "olives and sour cream". Two threads, one for each. This makes it much easier for the moderator to merge your thread with an existing one, if any.

Of course, if you still can't find what you're looking for, please do feel free to post, and we'll do our very best to help you find what you need. If you have any trouble using the search function or the forum, please don't hesitate to send a PM (private message) to the Where Can I find...? moderator (right now, that's me, Dragonbones) asking for help. Happy posting!

Freelance Chinese to English translator (native English speaker)

Postby Dragonbones » Thu Nov 30, 2017 06:56

Someone asked me for a recommendation per the topic title, and I realized that I don't know who here is still doing this kind of service. Native English speakers residing in Taiwan only, please. Please post your handle, name and contact info here if you do this service and make the info public; or please msg me privately with your real name and contact info if you would like me to forward it to the interested professor but don't want to post it publicly. Thanks!
“To cook for the pleasure of it, to devote a portion of our leisure to it, is to declare our independence from the corporations seeking to organize our every waking moment into yet another occasion for consumption." --Michael Pollan
Dragonbones
Taiwanease Deity

Has given kudos: 540 times
Has gotten kudos: 1062 times

Re: Freelance Chinese to English translator (native English speaker)

Postby Toad » Thu Nov 30, 2017 14:43

I'd ask on, um, the other place. There are at least two people there who (I think) do this for a living, or are at least proficient enough to do a one-off.
Toad
Taiwanease Aristocracy

Has given kudos: 1012 times
Has gotten kudos: 711 times

Postby Dragonbones » Thu Nov 30, 2017 23:07

Thanks; I tried to do a thread title search there so as to find an existing thread, but couldn't figure out how to do it on the new software there, and gave up (having an anklebiter trying to scale me didn't help).
“To cook for the pleasure of it, to devote a portion of our leisure to it, is to declare our independence from the corporations seeking to organize our every waking moment into yet another occasion for consumption." --Michael Pollan
Dragonbones
Taiwanease Deity

Postby Kal El » Fri Dec 01, 2017 08:08

Dragonbones wrote:Thanks; I tried to do a thread title search there so as to find an existing thread, but couldn't figure out how to do it on the new software there, and gave up (having an anklebiter trying to scale me didn't help).

I have to admit, I think doing the translation would be easier than trying to navigate that new set up. If you can't find someone, and if it's not too much I don't mind doing it as a favour.
Don't talk to me about naval tradition. It's nothing but rum, sodomy and the lash.
Sir Winston Churchill

Heathen filth, the lot of you.
Dr Kurt Langstrom

人不可貌相,海水不可斗量
Kal El
Taiwanease Deity

Has given kudos: 1232 times
Has gotten kudos: 1160 times

Postby Dragonbones » Sat Dec 02, 2017 09:48

Much obliged, Kal El, but it's not for me; it's surveys for a professor, and I was just doing a favor by casting the net around for a translator someone here might vouch for.

These users gave kudos to the author Dragonbones for the post:
Kal El (Sun Dec 03, 2017 14:07)
Dragonbones
Taiwanease Deity

Return to Where can I find...?