Buying concert tickets at The Wall

Taiwan Forums at Taiwanease can make your life in Taiwan easier.

Moderator: ThreadKiller

Buying concert tickets at The Wall

Postby Big Vern » Sat Feb 10, 2018 20:03

A mate of mine wants to watch a gig there.

1. I tried to order via the English version of their website but at the last minute it required Taiwanese ID. D'oh!
2. My wife tried on the Chinese website and said it wouldn't work (although I'm not entirely convinced she put in 100% effort). Double d'oh!
3. Tried phoning, no answer. Would be a triple d'oh, but it's really only to be expected.
4. I drove in today during their opening times (after 3pm) and they were closed. The people working in the cinema next door said this was usually the case. Massive d'oh sandwich with an extra helping of bollock relish!

Of course, I've been here long enough that I should be used to this level of fuck-wittery. Has anyone managed to successfully give these people money? Any advice?
Big Vern
Taiwanease Deity

Has given kudos: 555 times
Has gotten kudos: 880 times

Re: Buying concert tickets at The Wall

Postby maoman » Thu Feb 15, 2018 14:37

Big Vern wrote:A mate of mine wants to watch a gig there.

1. I tried to order via the English version of their website but at the last minute it required Taiwanese ID. D'oh!
2. My wife tried on the Chinese website and said it wouldn't work (although I'm not entirely convinced she put in 100% effort). Double d'oh!
3. Tried phoning, no answer. Would be a triple d'oh, but it's really only to be expected.
4. I drove in today during their opening times (after 3pm) and they were closed. The people working in the cinema next door said this was usually the case. Massive d'oh sandwich with an extra helping of bollock relish!

Of course, I've been here long enough that I should be used to this level of fuck-wittery. Has anyone managed to successfully give these people money? Any advice?

I believe the Wall is now called Korner.
Be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle.
maoman  Anthony van Dyck
Admin

Has given kudos: 1840 times
Has gotten kudos: 1317 times
Display Name: Anthony van Dyck

Re: Buying concert tickets at The Wall

Postby Big Vern » Thu Feb 15, 2018 15:18

Is it? I went there and it's still got Wall written on it. It's just down from NTU. Has it changed its name?

EDIT: Yep, Korner is the same address. They're messing with my head.
Big Vern
Taiwanease Deity

Has given kudos: 555 times
Has gotten kudos: 880 times

Return to Living in Taiwan