Entrance requirements for western universities

Welcome to the Open Forum - the discussion forum for topics that don't quite fit anywhere else. Fair warning: Posts may be moved at the moderators' discretion to a more appropriate forum. Posts that are especially silly will probably end up in either the Fun and Games Forum or the Flounder Forum.

Moderator: jimipresley

Entrance requirements for western universities

Postby Big Vern » Sun Mar 11, 2018 16:06

My wife asked me a question and despite an extensive online search I'm not sure of the answer.

If one's child has dual nationality and goes through the Taiwanese education system, will they need to take an IELTS to enter a British university? My immediate answer was of course they would because, even though the passport says British, they wouldn't have any exam results that show native speaker status. However, I can't find anything online that confirms this. It must be an issue that regularly crops up, so you'd think that there would be something about it somewhere. I assume the same would be true with TOEFL and many US universities.
Big Vern
Taiwanease Deity

Has given kudos: 562 times
Has gotten kudos: 894 times

Re: Entrance requirements for western universities

Postby jimipresley » Sun Mar 11, 2018 20:01

Well, if nobody's going to chime in, I'll tell you my opinion:
I don't know.
Do you ever listen to yourself? - maoman

How clever of you to take an orange and a dog biscuit and build a time machine. - Bunks

Some countries cultivate vast populations of idiots for the purpose of maintaining sham democracies. - Toad
jimipresley
Taiwanease Deity

Has given kudos: 2539 times
Has gotten kudos: 1574 times

Re: Entrance requirements for western universities

Postby Big Vern » Sun Mar 11, 2018 20:23

jimipresley wrote:Well, if nobody's going to chime in, I'll tell you my opinion:
I don't know.

Well of course not. You're from Zimbabwe or Scotland or somewhere.
Big Vern
Taiwanease Deity

Has given kudos: 562 times
Has gotten kudos: 894 times

Return to Open Forum