Hsinchu International School Questions?

Discuss general parenting topics here - from sleep issues to disciplining your children. We're all "learning as we go", so please join us if you'd like to be part of a larger parenting community.

Moderator: Just Jennifer

Hsinchu International School Questions?

Postby driftwork » Mon Mar 12, 2018 09:31

I’m hoping to connect with some parents who are sending their children to Hsinchu International School. We are thinking about relocating to Hsinchu and would like some first-hand information about the school, the admin, teachers and your experience sending your kids there. Any help or information would be great. If you have private information, please feel free to PM me. I would also love to hear from any teachers who have or currently teach at HIS.

driftwork
Taiwanease Gentry

Has given kudos: 0 time
Has gotten kudos: 0 time

Re: Hsinchu International School Questions?

Postby Just Jennifer » Mon Mar 12, 2018 22:48

My second son graduated from there a few years ago. He was there for grades 9-12.

It's a K-12 school which I really like. We had good experiences with all but one teacher but that was due to immaturity (and stupidity) on his part, not the school's fault.

Nice facilities, after school sports and other activities for the kids. It's a very small school so it's not as competitive as TAS or TES, and not as polished (neither important to me anyway) but I liked the attention give to each child.

What grade is your child going into?
Make magical, musical memories with your child at Kindermusik with Jennifer Joy
[url]http://www.fb.com/kmjoytaiwan[/url]
Just Jennifer
Taiwanease Aristocracy

Has given kudos: 1827 times
Has gotten kudos: 319 times

Postby driftwork » Mon Mar 12, 2018 23:30

We have a six year old and an eight year old. Ultimately, we'd like to enroll them in an international school in two years.
driftwork
Taiwanease Gentry

Has given kudos: 0 time
Has gotten kudos: 0 time

Postby Just Jennifer » Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:00

I believe there is another intl school there called IBSH, if you want to compare between the two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Make magical, musical memories with your child at Kindermusik with Jennifer Joy
[url]http://www.fb.com/kmjoytaiwan[/url]
Just Jennifer
Taiwanease Aristocracy

Has given kudos: 1827 times
Has gotten kudos: 319 times

Return to Parenting