A good ceramics store in Taipei?

Discussions about how to find those things that are not immediately obvious

Moderator: Dragonbones

Forum rules
1) Please search before posting. Note that you should also search content-relevant forums (like Food & Drink for those items, and not just WCIF). If there is a content-relevant forum, the thread should be there, not here.

2) Please append your request to an existing thread if you find a stale one, rather than starting a new one.

3) Please post separately for each search item, not one thread for "olives and sour cream". Two threads, one for each. This makes it much easier for the moderator to merge your thread with an existing one, if any.

Of course, if you still can't find what you're looking for, please do feel free to post, and we'll do our very best to help you find what you need. If you have any trouble using the search function or the forum, please don't hesitate to send a PM (private message) to the Where Can I find...? moderator (right now, that's me, Dragonbones) asking for help. Happy posting!

A good ceramics store in Taipei?

Postby cranky laowai » Mon Jun 18, 2018 13:23

I'd like to get a few nice tea mugs or the like as gifts, but I'm hoping to avoid having to go all the way out to Yingge for them.

These should be handmade (in Taiwan), nicely crafted items with at least a bit of personality ... and not cost as much as a used car.

Any suggestions?
cranky laowai
Taiwanease Aristocracy

Has given kudos: 171 times
Has gotten kudos: 492 times

Re: A good ceramics store in Taipei?

Postby cfimages » Mon Jun 18, 2018 14:18

It's been a few years since I visited, but there should be an artists /craftsman market next to the Jianguo flower market that does stuff like that.

These users gave kudos to the author cfimages for the post:
cranky laowai (Mon Jun 18, 2018 15:37)
cfimages
Taiwanease Royalty

Has given kudos: 700 times
Has gotten kudos: 922 times

Re: A good ceramics store in Taipei?

Postby Icon » Sun Jun 24, 2018 00:15

The ex Handicraft Market, now National Cultural Gift Center, has you covered:
https://www.giftcenter.tw/zh-tw/

I got some new «thermos» like exquisite ceramic bottles there, great gifts. Also an ample variety of mugs and cups and ornaments, all at reasonable prices.
"Lo urgente no deja tiempo para lo importante". Mafalda
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Eat the delicious food. Walk in the sunshine. Jump in the ocean. Say the truth that you’re carrying in your heart like hidden treasure. Be silly. Be kind. Be weird. There’s no time for anything else
Icon
Taiwanease Deity

Has given kudos: 599 times
Has gotten kudos: 856 times

Return to Where can I find...?