Anyone using Sadlier’s text, “Common Core Progress” for grade one?

Teaching English is a very common job for foreigners in Taiwan. Whether you want to share your experiences as a teacher in Taiwan or learn from the experiences of others, this is the right place for you!

Anyone using Sadlier’s text, “Common Core Progress” for grade one?

Postby vay » Thu Oct 25, 2018 09:36

I'm doing independent English Language Arts with my daughter and got Sadlier's text at Caves. I think it's an excellent book, but one gripe: there's a section in each chapter (very nicely illustrated) called Read Aloud where the teacher is supposed to read to the student. The text for that, apparently, is in the Teacher's Manual... which costs about 40% more than the student's book and which, with a student body of ONE, I aint forking out the money for. The content is not on their website and their customer service hasn't been helpful. Of course I realize I could just skip that section but am wondering if anyone here might have that manual and would be willing to share the content with me?
Journalist: "Do you accept the basic premise that smoking kills?"
Cigarette industry executive: "No. I think scientists that make statements like this are making political statements, not scientific statements."
vay
Taiwanease Gentry

Has given kudos: 26 times
Has gotten kudos: 27 times

Re: Anyone using Sadlier’s text, “Common Core Progress” for grade one?

Postby vay » Thu Oct 25, 2018 22:22

PS it turns out I was asking the wrong department. Another department pointed me right to the content, which is online.

This is wrong. The content is NOT online and basically if you want it, you have to buy the teacher's edition.
Cigarette industry executive: "No. I think scientists that make statements like this are making political statements, not scientific statements."
vay
Taiwanease Gentry

Postby Just Jennifer » Fri Nov 16, 2018 01:33

Would you mind sharing the website for the Read Aloud?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Make magical, musical memories with your child at Kindermusik with Jennifer Joy
[url]http://www.fb.com/kmjoytaiwan[/url]
Just Jennifer
Taiwanease Aristocracy

Has given kudos: 1846 times
Has gotten kudos: 320 times

Postby vay » Fri Nov 16, 2018 16:49

JJ sorry. My "turned out" above turned out to be wrong. The link they sent me to was indeed online audio... but for a different text! When I pointed this out, they informed me that it appeared I was using the text I originally told them I was using, and not the one they somehow inferred I was using, and that the read-aloud text was available in the teacher's edition, which I had already told them I guessed was the case in the first place! Then I asked if they could just give me a written version of that text, to which they responded something vague that basically meant, "No".
vay
Taiwanease Gentry

Return to Teaching English in Taiwan