Man Mano cheese shop and restaurant

Taipei restaurants are some of the best in Asia - visit our forums to find out why (and where!)

Man Mano cheese shop and restaurant

Postby cranky laowai » Mon Feb 25, 2019 15:35

The Taipei Times published a feature Saturday titled "The slow and ancient art of cheese." At first I didn't bother looking at it, because it sounded like another wire-service story about someplace halfway around the word. But it turns out the place in question is a cheese-making shop and restaurant in Taipei, near the Daqiaotou MRT station.

It sounds good. Has anyone been there?

FB: https://www.facebook.com/lab.manmano/
Google Maps

TVBS piece:

These users gave kudos to the author cranky laowai for the post:
Dragonbones (Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:59)
cranky laowai
Taiwanease Aristocracy

Has given kudos: 177 times
Has gotten kudos: 514 times

Re: Man Mano cheese shop and restaurant

Postby Tempo Gain » Tue Feb 26, 2019 20:27

Went once. It's near Dihua Street in an old storefront. Good stuff! I got the sample plate. I wasn't disappointed, but wasn't really bowled over by it either. I do want to go back though. Great cup of coffee for one thing.
Tempo Gain
Taiwanease Gentry

Has given kudos: 142 times
Has gotten kudos: 174 times

Re: Man Mano cheese shop and restaurant

Postby cranky laowai » Tue Feb 26, 2019 21:37

Thanks! I wish I'd known about the place just a little earlier, as I visited Dihua Jie just a couple of weeks ago. The renovation of the area has been great.

By the way, those around Dihua Jie and looking for coffee might want to tryFormosan Coffee (a.k.a. San Coffee), which serves only coffee from Taiwan. It's definitely higher on the coffee snob/connoisseur spectrum than most places; expect to spend around NT$200 for coffee alone, though coffee there is also a bit more of an experience than at most places. It's also right by the spot where 2-28 began, so stop by there too.

These users gave kudos to the author cranky laowai for the post:
Icon (Tue Feb 26, 2019 22:46)
cranky laowai
Taiwanease Aristocracy

Has given kudos: 177 times
Has gotten kudos: 514 times

Return to Greater Taipei Restaurants, Bars, and Clubs