Need Taiwan Health Insurance Info for new non-Taiwanese baby

What is going to happen to me over the next nine months? What is it like to be pregnant in Taiwan? Pregnancy questions, birth stories and other topics relevant to this special time in your life.

Moderator: Just Jennifer

Re: Need Taiwan Health Insurance Info for new non-Taiwanese

Postby babymama » Thu Aug 15, 2013 16:22

Dear HMG,

I am confident that this was not a "lucky" thing that happened to us. Although, I understand that no one has mentioned it to you. Believe me, NO ONE MENTIONED IT TO ME EITHER until I received the bill! We were braced for the worst ~ imagine our surprise when the bill was so small for such intensive care & medical needs.

There are a few reasons I believe this applies to anyone with NHI coverage:
1. I have seen other foreigners post this information in online forums (confirming the 60 days coverage for the infant under Mom's NHI)
2. It was printed at the top of our hospital bills as policy, under the Children's Hospital Name & Address. Not like a special note, but like a standard part of their billing form.

I can look for our receipts to post one for you to view if you like. Don't fret too much ~ I have great faith in the health care system here, as they have proven good service and reasonable cost through each challenge that arises.

Best of luck with your birth ~~~

These users gave kudos to the author babymama for the post:
Just Jennifer (Fri Aug 16, 2013 02:21)
babymama
Taiwanease Gentry

Has given kudos: 0 time
Has gotten kudos: 3 times

Re: Need Taiwan Health Insurance Info for new non-Taiwanese

Postby HMG » Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:30

Dear Babymama,

Thank you so much for the followup, this information really does set my mind at ease. I also agree that the health care system here is really wonderful, it was a major consideration in our decision to move back here with our daughter 4 years ago. I am certainly still going to work on getting changes made so that immunizations and well baby visits will be covered for future foreign parents, but knowing baby will be covered in case of birth complications has really eased my mind. Thank you so much for your posts!

Sincerely,
HMG
HMG
Taiwanease Gentry

Has gotten kudos: 3 times

Re: Need Taiwan Health Insurance Info for new non-Taiwanese baby

Postby LisaEA » Mon Aug 17, 2015 21:10

Hello everyone,

In the different conversations about this topic, some people mentioned that the Taiwanese government was considering amending the law about the 6 months waiting period for baby cover with foreign parents.

Do you know if it happened?

Many thanks!!

Lisa
LisaEA
2nd post! You're back for more!

Has gotten kudos: 0 time

Previous

Return to Pregnancy & Childbirth